Author Topic: favorite restaurant  (Read 9318 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: favorite restaurant
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 08:04:11 PM »
OH! NO! I was just diagnosed with celiac disease - no more gluten for me!  HUH???  WHAT???  No more cinnamon bread???  Forever??  BLASPHEMY!  IMPOSSIBLE!  OH GEEZ!  Oh well, I can still use my smellavision.  That will do. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
OH! NO! I was just diagnosed with celiac disease - no more gluten for me!  HUH???  WHAT???  No more cinnamon bread???  Forever??  BLASPHEMY!  IMPOSSIBLE!  OH GEEZ!  Oh well, I can still use my smellavision.  That will do. 

Oh man, that really sucks. My father was diagnosed with celiac's a couple of years ago. It's crazy how many more people are coming down with that all the sudden. I'm positive that it has something to do with all the GMO's we eat in America...

At least you can still eat in the Mine Restaurant... sort of. They don't do quite enough yet to provide for people with gluten issues, but if enough people start pushing them I'm sure we can get them to work on their labeling information more. The problem is that most people don't understand that harmless sounding things like "artificial flavorings" that are in everything often contain gluten as well.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
Shave, you are right!  I have a friend that was diagnosed just a month ago, and now me.  That's scary!  I thought I did a good job of eating "gluten free" yesterday, and...then I looked online and realized I blew it!  Food additives must be looked at carefully to make sure they don't contain gluten.  The first thing I did when I got home was look up SDC's menus.  The only thing Delilah's offers is prepackaged Lays potato chips!  BUMMER!  I will just have to learn to bake gluten free and enter the park with my own snacks, cuz I ain't given' up my cup of coffee and smellavision at Delilahs. 

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »
My sister fran was diagnosed within the last year too. Sorry to hear that you have to eat gluten free.  :(
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  It's a trade off for staying healthy, so I'm all for it.  Whatever it takes for quality of life and frequent visits to the park works for me.   :)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »
My hubby and I were discussing saving up our pennies and eating the ribs at the ribhouse. Are they yummy? What is the cost? Am I looking at pinching 40.00 in ribs to feed 2 adults and a child??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
We always eat at the Mine.  It has always been our favorite place to eat.  We also like Diane to be our server in the mine.. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey