Author Topic: TNT - Could it ever be expanded?  (Read 37065 times)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: TNT - Could it ever be expanded?
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »
I know I am in the minority here, but I wouldn't change a thing about ThuNderaTion! Perhaps a fresh coat of paint, and a little sprucing up. Yes, the final drop is a little tame, but it adds to the character of the ride. If anything, I wish they would plant more trees around the east side of the ride to hide the employee parking lot

Not going to happen, but I wish I could ride it backwards like we used to.

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
Didn't Thunderation have a storyline or something of the sort when it opened?
You have a great past ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »
I know I am in the minority here, but I wouldn't change a thing about ThuNderaTion! Perhaps a fresh coat of paint, and a little sprucing up. Yes, the final drop is a little tame, but it adds to the character of the ride. If anything, I wish they would plant more trees around the east side of the ride to hide the employee parking lot.

A more logical solution would be to put a tunnel on that drop to hide it -- BUT it has been that way since it opened, so I don't see them spending the money to do it now.  There is just no ROI on doing so
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2013, 05:19:58 PM »
I know I am in the minority here, but I wouldn't change a thing about ThuNderaTion! Perhaps a fresh coat of paint, and a little sprucing up. Yes, the final drop is a little tame, but it adds to the character of the ride. If anything, I wish they would plant more trees around the east side of the ride to hide the employee parking lot.

A more logical solution would be to put a tunnel on that drop to hide it -- BUT it has been that way since it opened, so I don't see them spending the money to do it now.  There is just no ROI on doing so

But, sometimes you just do it. Knott's revamping their flume this past season.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2013, 05:57:49 AM »
all i know is, TNT is great to ride at night, you cant see a thing!! :o
Live life like it's the last day!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
all i know is, TNT is great to ride at night, you cant see a thing!! :o

Not only would the tunnel on the last drop hid the backstage area it would address the criticism of the track after the lift hill. Making it dark would enhance the otherwise thud on a finale. Just like FITH seems like so much higher of a drop because it's in the dark.

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »
Reviving this tread for a minute here... I talked to the people running thunder action and they said the people who made the mine train came in and said that they were never designed to run backwards. Upon hearing this, legal made them turn it back around.
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »
Leave it alone, it's a great stepping stone for kids that have to build up to the bigger coasters like powder keg and then wildfire. Some folks get caught up in their experience e and overlook others.

I agree. TNT is actually my 2nd favorite ride in the park behind FITH. It's just enough coaster for me.

And I agree, too! ;D

We think the same way!! FITH is my favorite, and TNT is 2nd!

Yup!  I like it the way it is - sort of rustic and old fashion in a charming kind of way.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
Reviving this tread for a minute here... I talked to the people running thunder action and they said the people who made the mine train came in and said that they were never designed to run backwards. Upon hearing this, legal made them turn it back around.

Only problem with that is that Arrow has been gone for quite some time.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2013, 08:18:35 PM »

Except that it hasn't -- it was bought out by S&S (the company that built PowerKeg)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:53:36 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2013, 09:22:13 PM »

Except that it hasn't -- it was bought out by S&S (the company that built PowerKeg)

Quote fail

but anyways, S&S bought them out of bankruptcy but if you went out and wanted replacement trains for old arrow coasters it would likely be Vekoma doing it. I think S&S wanted the 4D technology that they are still working on.

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2013, 10:27:06 PM »
Looks like TnT might be getting some nice lift hill lights for next year to replace the rope lights and attached construction lamps that are there now. Coming out of the building on the lift hill I noticed a stack of nice lamps that look like they are ready to go on the lift. Should add a nice look for sdc's expanded hours next year.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2014, 08:09:44 PM »
Those lights are still stacked there.  I wonder when they will remember to install them.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating