Author Topic: TNT - Could it ever be expanded?  (Read 37112 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TNT - Could it ever be expanded?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
Love the TNT mug. very nice,

No change to TNT,  and hopefully never take it out. It is a landmark, just like FITH and FM.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
If a change were to be made..........I would make it longer by sending it back down the mountain again, but that's becaue I really like the ride a lot and could ride it all day. Honestly though, I think it is great just the way it is. It is the best "runaway mine" coaster out there....there is not another mine coaster that can compare with it.

The Disney parks have the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad coasters, which have great theming, but as far as the ride goes are not very thrilling at all. You cannot find a more thrilling drop and helix on a mine coaster than what is on TNT.

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 08:13:44 AM »
I and my children like TNT for the corkscrew and the tunnel if they could add another dark element or two without making it a 'tougher' ride I may chance my tune. If you make it longer how do you compensate for the wait increase. One of the things we like is that its a fast ride and requires very little waiting when we attend the park and over the years we have learned when to avoid the crowd crushes.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
I doubt if "big" lines will be a problem at TNT on a regular basis..  with 3 BIG coasters on the other side of the park, TNT will be out of the way...

dont get me wrong, On large capacity days, there will still be a line... But on an average day... no problem

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
I doubt if "big" lines will be a problem at TNT on a regular basis..  with 3 BIG coasters on the other side of the park, TNT will be out of the way...

dont get me wrong, On large capacity days, there will still be a line... But on an average day... no problem

3? I really wouldn't call FITH big. Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »
I agree. TNT is actually my 2nd favorite ride in the park behind FITH. It's just enough coaster for me.

And I agree, too! ;D

We think the same way!! FITH is my favorite, and TNT is 2nd!

Count me in too.

My least favorite ride, which I've never even been on, is the Giant Swing. It just looks like a carnival ride with some minimal theming. It doesn't fit the City at all.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Include me in the FITH #1, TNT #2 crowd! TNT was my first roller-coaster ever (unless you count FITH) and will always hold a special place in my heart. Now that I'm older I can see how it is unique compared to other coasters. I would be sad to ever see it go.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
Larson, by BIG I meant PK, WF and NC!!!  you know the "New Coaster"!.  ;) LOL.

I realize FITH isnt a big coaster because I will ride it.!  LOL! ;D

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »
I love TNT but it's funny how the older I get the rougher it gets.  My favorite coaster on park is still Powderkeg. 

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:36 PM »
I agree. TNT is actually my 2nd favorite ride in the park behind FITH. It's just enough coaster for me.

And I agree, too! ;D

We think the same way!! FITH is my favorite, and TNT is 2nd!

Count me in too.

My least favorite ride, which I've never even been on, is the Giant Swing. It just looks like a carnival ride with some minimal theming. It doesn't fit the City at all.

I have been on the GS and it is my least favorite ride. Scared the #$%^ out of me. Something about being 50 or 60 feet up and having my feet higher than my head as I was looking at the ground.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »
Larson, by BIG I meant PK, WF and NC!!!  you know the "New Coaster"!.  ;) LOL.

I realize FITH isnt a big coaster because I will ride it.!  LOL! ;D

I know what you meant. I was just giving you a hard time.  ;D

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »
I wouldn't ever want to see TNT replaced, but do wish it was a longer ride. The first 2/3 is such an unparalleled experience for a mine train coaster, that I feel the last 1/3 (lift and one drop) is very anticlimactic. Not a ding on the ride at all, just wish they would have added a few other elements after the last drop. Still hope someday they will.

I think we're all in agreement though, TNT is without a doubt an SDC institution. So glad they have it.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 11:43:50 PM »
TNT was my first "big" roller coaster. Technically, Runaway Ore Cart was my first roller coaster, but TNT is a little more intimidating. Sadly there is now a picnic table where it used to be.  :'(
Everytime we walk past the spot where Runaway Ore Cart used to be, my sister and I slow down and frown really big and give it, sort of, a moment of silence. You never realize how much something means to you until its gone.  :(
I can still remember exactly how it sounded and can remember the very happy feeling I got the second we walked under the train track and heard the cars rattling around the track. Ok, I'll stop before I start crying!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
I too was fond of that ride. I cant remember but isnt the new kiddie coaster similer its layout?? My kiddo and I are looking forward to his first big kid coaster year. Yay.  ;D
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »
The old coaster just did an oval and the new one loops under itself. I remember how close the trees felt i don't know if you could but it always felt like if you put your hands out to the side you just might lose them!
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)