Author Topic: Dollywood Partners with Gaylord Ent. To Build New Water/Snow Park in Nashville  (Read 18364 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone else remembers it but just north of springfield on 13 there used to be a place called snow bluff. We went there a few times but like was mentioned by junior about mid way through the day the snow would start to melt and the mud would come through. With today's technology they should do better but they probably wont have ski slopes. At the winter Olympic games in Canada they had such a hard time with snow they had to use dumptrucks to haul it in at times and they had hundreds of snow machines.

I remember that very well,  i never went..  But if you know where to look yopu can easily spot the old slopes;;

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
I wonder if this will include Snowflex technogy. Neat stuff, google Liberty and snowflex.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
read in the Branson Daily Independent last week that Dollywood has pulled out of this deal due to Gaylord Entertaninment restructuring themselves and making it impossible for Dolly to remain invovled.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Could this be a power play to kill the project?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Could this be a power play to kill the project?

Opryland hotel is being managed by Marriot now. I was there this past summer, went to the Chesney Mcgraw concert there. Being I'm just a overgrown kid, I couldn't help but wonder it one of the atriums couldn't be turned into an indoor waterpark.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Ski Lodge at Dogpatch? Hmmmm...did not work out. Redevelop CC to a snowpark, please...no! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Dolly recently stated she still wants to do something in Nashvegas.