Author Topic: Dollywood Partners with Gaylord Ent. To Build New Water/Snow Park in Nashville  (Read 18388 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
I think dolly is more than a face... reason for that statement is as season pass holders we get 50% discount if we want to ride the Showboat, we get about 25% disount fo rriding the duck, BUT if you go to Dixie stampede you only get 5.00 off the tickets ( about 50-55.00).. 

I have always wondered why we dont get 50% there. There admittance is about the same price as the Boat. ::) ::)

I assume Dolly gets a piece of the action and PTB cant justify the steep discount.???

oh well.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
I've wondered about that too. $5 off isn't much of a discount considering the price of their tickets. Does anyone know off hand what the discount is for Dollywood?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Larson,  I am pretty sure that SDC pass holders get 1/2 off at DW..... 

Which really makes me wonder about DS..???

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile

I have been to DW and  Splash Country and they both offer 50% off for SDC pass holders.
Its a great discount.  I dont think that the DOllywood passholders recieve 50% off at SDC though.
I can go to both parks for 2.5 days in Pigeon Forge for $50, thats a great deal.
Sandune, I would think you would get out there to Dollywood, its very nice.  You would enjoy it.
Its a "Chip off the old SDC block!!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile

Which really makes me wonder about DS..???

That's what I thought. That's more than we get at WW.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
MH-  maybe I will sometime, but as a rule with my schedule, SDC & Branson work out rule well..  LOL>

Larson, WW?
if you go once to WW, isnt it cheaper to buy a combo season ticket? I know it would be if you wenst 2 days.. 
I would imagine thats why we dont get discounts... 
Even at 50% off, 2 days entry would be more money than the extended season pass.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
I can remember a time back in the early 90's when you could get into Dollywood for FREE with SDC Season Passes.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Up until four years ago or so, a Dollywood Gold pass would get you in for free at Silver Dollar City and Whitewater and get you half price admission into Celebration City.  Those truly were the good old days!  I believe now the Gold pass gets you in SDC and WW for half price.  Still not a terrible deal. 

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
That sounds about right. Honestly we've never been to WW

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
We used to go to WW 3 or 4 times a summer when the Goldpass got you in for free.  It was worth it to us to show up at opening time, spend 3 or 4 hours and ride all the slides and then get out and do something else for the rest of the day, usually CC after a bite of lunch. It was a great way to spend a day..two parks with minimal expense.  Since they did away with the free admission with the Goldpass we have not been back to WW.  We just don't feel the park is worth the admission price for what it offers.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
If you can find 'em, ask the former owners of Dogpatch how their Ski resort next to Dogpatch fared! Even the snow making machines of the day could not do the job of keeping up with demand...the mild Ozarks winters let the stuff melt off pretty quick. After a year or two, the Ski resort was changed to a slope for "grass skiing" and, well, that didn't last long, either. HA! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
I'm thinking it will be a little more advanced than that. I imagine the half pipe and suck will even have chillers underneath anlong with a skating rink. I don't think they'll have slopes.

I skied plenty in Newton Co. Arkansas last year using Polaris as a ski lift.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone else remembers it but just north of springfield on 13 there used to be a place called snow bluff. We went there a few times but like was mentioned by junior about mid way through the day the snow would start to melt and the mud would come through. With today's technology they should do better but they probably wont have ski slopes. At the winter Olympic games in Canada they had such a hard time with snow they had to use dumptrucks to haul it in at times and they had hundreds of snow machines.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Here's the latest short article from the Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120215/BUSINESS/302150082/Gaylord-snow-water-park-will-draw-40-its-visitors-from-outside-TN

Expected opening is within 2 1/2 years with 40% of the visitors coming from outside Tennessee.