Author Topic: Looking for photos of FM  (Read 8535 times)

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Looking for photos of FM
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:17 AM »
Does anyone have some resonably clear, uncluttered photos of the Flooded Mine?  I am looking to construct a scale replica--or at least an close approximation thereof--and need pics for a guide.  Close ups are welcome and I need some overall shots.  Older photos before it became so hemmed in would be especially useful.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT for Clarity:  yes, pics of the outside, please!  No hurry!  Very Grateful for any help.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:00:48 PM by palallin »

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for photos of FM
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:09:19 AM »
Sounds like a fun project! I take it you are wanting pictures of the outside?

I'm sure you will be able to get a ton of pictures from people on here!

Good luck with the project, and be sure to show if off to everyone once it is finished.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »
I can put a few shots on my Flickr site, but it will have to wait until later in the week. If someone else can post photos now, please do! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:58:09 AM »
Wish I could help! I always try to take pictures inside of the ride, but I never can get them right. They are either too blurry, or I accidentally have the flash turned on and all you see is specks of dust floating around.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
I've got a new camera that should be pretty good for taking pics inside, but I'll have to wait 'til the park opens up for the season. As for outdoors pics, I'll look through my folders and see if I have any good ones.

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
I don't believe I have any pictures that would help you (though I'll check), but I can't wait to see pictures of your scale model when finished.  What kinda of scale are you thinking about?

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »
Staring here and continuing to the next page, there is some discussion and a few pics of the outside of the Flooded Mine from "back in the day". There's even a video with a couple quick glimpses. Hope that helps. Someone else might have some more pictures somewhere, too.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »
You asked for it, you got it...over a dozen photos of the Flooded Mine from the period of 1970-1990. Check it out at the Fllickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan   
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
Junior, you never cease to amaze me with your pictures. Enjoyed the nostalgic look back at one of my favorite rides.
The concept drawing of the interior, I had never seen before; love finding new things like that! Thanks  :)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
Thanks muchly for the submissions so far, folks!

Junior, would you be kind enough to email me the ones labelled "1976" abnd "1983B"?  Flickr won't let me copy them (quite properly).

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »
Junior, where is the scene with the flooded office and the man half in the floor? I don't recall seeing this and we ride this almost each time we go. I've looked in the office window while in the que line before and don't remember seeing that in there either. Great pics btw.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that scene was removed from the place where the tall tower (with the escaping inmates) at the end of the ride is. once again i could be wrong :)
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »
Could be. It looks very bright and illuminated unlike most of the ride so I really wasn't sure where it was.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
To me that looked like concept art/models. At least in the 90s, the scene at the end with the escaping convict was a scene with some ghosts and laser noises. But I think it might have been something before that...
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »
What yall are seeing is the walpaper for my new SDC-mania room. Glad its getting good reviews.  ;D
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!