Author Topic: Countdown to 2012 season  (Read 27455 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to 2012 season
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »
I started to buy a recorder last year, but when i walked in to best buy to do my comparing of models.....  I just got LOST in all the options and technology...LOL..  i am not real quick with all the new stuff >:(.   

Its time like that i wish i had a couple of teenagers! They can run any of this new stuff in their sleep!!  LOL.

Anyway, got frustrated, and no new camera, just keept using my old Kodak DC215.it takes great pictures, but is big and bulky,, maybe this year ??? ???

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »
Kodak is claiming bankruptcy, so if your going to buy new might do it now while prices are being slashed to move product.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »
For today, I found a great video of the Waterboggan. It may be 20* outside, but inside it's Summer! I didn't realize how much I loved this ride until it was gone. I swear it was the wettest ride at one point in time.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
I started to buy a recorder last year, but when i walked in to best buy to do my comparing of models.....  I just got LOST in all the options and technology...LOL..  i am not real quick with all the new stuff >:(.   

Its time like that i wish i had a couple of teenagers! They can run any of this new stuff in their sleep!!  LOL.

Anyway, got frustrated, and no new camera, just keept using my old Kodak DC215.it takes great pictures, but is big and bulky,, maybe this year ??? ???

I know nothing about technology, but one of my best friends is an amazing photographer and he knows everything about cameras. He and I were in Walmart one day before a choir concert because we had to pick up a few things. Killing time, we ended up by the cameras and I mentioned how I needed a new one because my old one got a nice little shower of hot chocolate. He compared all of them using his crazy techy talk. I stood there nodding like I understood every word he said lol. He said the best one was Kodak Easyshare M532. It was also one of the cheapest, which didn't break my heart any! It has 14megapixels, 4x optical zoom, shoots video in HD 720p. Pretty nifty gadget! Its not very big either.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
For today, I found a great video of the Waterboggan. It may be 20* outside, but inside it's Summer! I didn't realize how much I loved this ride until it was gone. I swear it was the wettest ride at one point in time.

Well said. I only rode a handful of times because I usually don't want to get soaked, but I sure do miss it.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 05:43:10 AM »
tiff, good foe you.  sounds like i need to meet your friend, and get some technical assistance..  LOL>!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »
tiff, good foe you.  sounds like i need to meet your friend, and get some technical assistance..  LOL>!

Sadly, he had to move back to TX :(

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
You know, I remember riding the waterboggan and will never forget it because at one point I became airborne - SERIOUSLY!  But, I don't remember it having any water.  So, I asked the hubs about it today, and he agrees that when we rode it, it didn't have water - it was just really slick.  When did it change?  Or, are we both crazy?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »
It was my fave ride ever when it was there. I rode it with my step dad for and never looked back! My husband was glad to see it gone. I showed him the said video and he deemed it unsafe. That the flimsy boat could easily fly off the sides. The party pooper.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »
GreenTram - why's ya'r ol' man such a party pooper against SDC?
Live life like it's the last day!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 09:21:44 PM »
He loves SDC----between the hours of  9a-4p. lol. He doesnt do public well so I should count my lucky stars that I get that time. :) We all have our lil quirks. His is more of a curse quirk.  :D

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:33 AM »
As thrilling as the Waterboggan may have been, more people were injured on it than any other ride.  Meeting with the Safety Director on the occasion of my own daughter's quite significant injury on it, he confided that injuries were very common. I'm glad to see it gone.  We don't need a ride on park where the chances of exiting it battered and bloodied is a very real possibility.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 01:38:53 AM »
Did not the park totally refit the waterboggan at one point to make it safer? I never rode this ride, my old pal Randy was the lead man there for a while. What seasons was it actually in operation?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
I remember riding the waterboggan once or twice.  The first time it was a little scarier than expected.  The second time, it just seemed short.  I'd like to ride it again.  Waterboggan definitely looks wilder than Dollywood's Slidewinder on the POV videos I looked at.  I got wetter at the one in Six Flags Georgia, since removed.  In that one (Raging River or something), the run out at the bottom had about a foot of water which would completey inundate the boat, so that when you came to a stop your outstreched legs and rump were as wet as if you were sitting in a kiddie pool with your toddler.  I guess I'll just have to go to Dollywood, watch videos, or play RCT to get my dinghy boat slide thrills.  I never got to try Spash Harbor on for size.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »
I remember once I rode it when my uncle came with us, and there was a HUGE splash at the end, like a tidal wave, and we got off the ride completey drenched! We were wet enough we could stand there and wring the water out of our clothes and leave a puddle standing on the sidewalk. Then years later we rode it, and my sister said "Where was the big splash? That was my favorite part!" So I'm guessing they had changed something over the years, but its hard for me to say, because I hardly ever rode it.