Author Topic: Macaroni Grill closed  (Read 6298 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Macaroni Grill closed
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »
If you haven't heard, the Romano's Macaroni Grill at Branson Landing closed last night. 

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Macaroni Grill closed
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:23:49 PM »
Adeu!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »
Is there a reason why it closed? Do I want to know?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
Is there a reason why it closed? Do I want to know?

The franchise owner also has one in Springfield.  He said the Landing location didn't have enough business to keep it open.  Several restaurants have come and gone at the Landing:  Pizztro's, Sullivan's Steakhouse, Bar Louie, Liberty Tavern, Shorty Small's, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Gloria Jean's coffees, and some other small fast food places.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
come and gone?  shorty Small's?  is shorty's closed now?  Isnt that the reastaruant down on the floating dock next ot the harley store and across the way from the boat cruises?  IF they are closed, when?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »
Four big malls/shopping centers in a town of 10,000. Red Roof...gone. Branson Meadows...gasping for breath. Tanger...THRIVING  Branson Landing...Doing OK but some struggling. Check the malls out next time you are in town. Look at how even Tanger and the Landing both have empty shops. My personal belief is Branson overbuilt in the 90's following the 60 Minutes piece. People went nuts. Now we have abandoned projects, weeds growing up, many for sale signs. Of course, the "crash" a few years ago didn't help. It's too bad some good restaurants and shops have gone by the way side, but that's business. Even I've complained about some of the things that have come and gone at SDC, but they are doing the same thing...keeping the things that generate money, cutting those things that don't do as well.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »
Yep, that's the same Shorty Smalls at the end of the landing by the boat dock. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
junior your right of course, the red roof mall will be closed in 6 month, the city took over and is hoping to relocated tenants somewhere else in town,,

Tanger.? well tanger is tanger and probably will always hold its own, with it location and assortment of shops,,  Although I am not a "shopper".  We used to go to Tanger so that mother in law could look at china at the Mikasa store.  But we have not been there for years..

I personally like the Landing, I like when i walk around i am hearing modern music, "I get tired of the "twangy" "hillbilly" music all the time in town.  ( i like it at SDC.. LOL).   There are a few fun shops at the landing, i can always go get a beverage in case the ladies want to "shop"!  I like the so called modern looking buildings, and i think  the whole concept is a good idea.  
Although 2 BIG things they should have really considered,,
#1 of course was the flooding issue!!!!!
#2,  I think they shold have put a roof over the walkways and "street".. They want you to go to the mall on a rainy day, BUT you are still in the rain!.  

Just my opinion

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
gill, i was sure that was shorty's place.. they make a killer hamburger there... 

SO? my question is are they closed now?

I think biscuit posted they were 1 of the places to eat that had "come and gone" at the landing?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
Yes, both locations in Branson are now closed.  I agree - I enjoyed eating there.  It was a nice place to walk to after fishing the public docks on Taneycomo.  We would sit outside, and oftentimes, they had live music. 

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Apparently just read an article that the guy that owned the locations filed for bankruptcy. Though some also said they are in discussions to reopen the restuarant on at least yellow ribbon by March 2012

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
The entire Shorty Small's chain filed for bankruptcy in the fall.  Some locations in some states were able to stay open; the 2 in Branson closed.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Here in Little Rock, we have both Macaroni Grill & Shorty Smalls. We never ate at the Macaroni Grill in Branson and only ate at Shorty Smalls a couple times, why...because we could eat at them at home.  We also have a Famous Dave here in Little Rock. So...if we are ever in the landing we usually eat at Joe's Crab Shack, or for some real home cooking over in Historic Downtown Branson at the Farmhouse Restaurant.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »
This is sad news, as I spent New Year's Eve at the Macaroni Grill with 3 SDC employees, an excellent time was had~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
I've only been to Macaroni Grill one time, and I do have to say, they are pricey although the food is amazing!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin