Author Topic: SDC Times January 2012  (Read 28874 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
SDC Times January 2012
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »
Received a copy of the SDC Times yesterday.  Had a lot of info about the entertainment during the various festivals this year.  Looks like there is more entertainment this year (yay!) ;D.  Also had some coupons for Ride the Ducks, the Track and Dixie Stampede.  Mainly it was a mailing to encourage season pass sales.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Times January 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »
I received mine yesterday as well.  It confirmed that Headin West was gone as it says they are bringing back music to the Opera House during the Harvest Festival.  They are going to have Riders in the Sky back this year.  I have always enjoyed them at SDC.  It also talked about their 4th of July bash and their country music weekend in September.  I think it said they are having Diamond Rio and Pam Tillis in on that weekend. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »
sounds like lots of info.. hope i get a copy.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »
Me too.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »
My parents got theirs a few days ago. I didn't notice much that we hadn't heard already besides the fact that there will be a new Bubble show during kidsfest  ::)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
I hope it's just a show and viewer participation is not encouraged or at least contained to the show area. As if dribbling basketballs wasn't enough imagine a few thousand kids blowing bubbles in your face all over the park.  ;D
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
I hope it's just a show and viewer participation is not encouraged or at least contained to the show area. As if dribbling basketballs wasn't enough imagine a few thousand kids blowing bubbles in your face all over the park.  ;D

I get enough of the bubbles blowing in my face at Branson Landing!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
oh yea, lets not do the bubble thing............ :-\.

But you know, the way things are going, IF the PTB think they can sell them, they will ::)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »
Do you guys remember?...years ago in Tom Sawyers Landing there was a bubble exhibit where you could step onto a tray filled with a sudsy solution and someone standing outside would pull a hoop up by rope, encasing you entirely in a great big bubble.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »
^I've got pictures of me standing inside those as a kid! That's good they're bringing that back to the park.

The thing that interested me from this issue of the Times is the show LUMA during KidsFest. It says it's an enLIGHTening stage show that centers around Marvel Cave. I like to see they're incorporating the cave into entertainment, especially during KidsFest. Does anyone have anymore information on this show?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »
I too have a picture of me in the giant bubble!!!! I had forgoten about that! That will be exciting to take the kid to.  :)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »
^^Coaster, are they bringing those back?  I didn't mean to imply that they were...I don't know one way or another.  I was just remembering them because of the talk above about bubbles.

As for the show that "centers around the cave", I haven't heard a thing.  However, when CC closed, I made the suggestion to various people that they take the big laser from the CC night-time show and put it down in the cathedral room for a laser light show.  I'm not saying that's what it is, but I always thought a laser light show down there would be real cool.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
zephon, that would be cool, But can u imagine gettting people in for the show.....  THEN getting them all out at one time.! :o

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »
sounds like lots of info.. hope i get a copy.

If you don't get a copy it's online at the SDC website under Schedules and Brochures.
I'm Your Huckleberry