Author Topic: Wild Adventures Updates  (Read 10257 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Wild Adventures Updates
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:25:03 AM »
Starting a new thread to consolidate minor Wild Adventures news as we get it.

Looks like they're repainting the Hangman, and for some odd reason, they've choose blue supports and neon-green track... As Lance on Screamscape pointed out, it's very emulative of a nearby Six Flags park. I just don't understand this move, it feels totally out of left field as the coaster looked so good before with its burnt orange and light brown colors that actually fit in with the park. The paint hadn't even faded yet. This feels so much like a six flags move that it has me worried about who is running things in this chain these days.

You can see a photo here: http://www.screamscape.com/html/wild_adventure_-_hangman_0.htm

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Wild Adventures Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:53:58 AM »
So the Hangman is now Twisted Typhoon. Sounds like they might be getting rid of the western theme down there and making the park more adventure/safari themed throughout.

I find these developments interesting because it's always interesting to see how HFEC handles thematic issues outside the 2 big parks. I had hoped when HFEC started branching out they would bring the SDC and DW quality to all these parks. So far they've definitely bumped them up a notch in some areas, but I'm still following closely to see if they'll innovate more or fall down to the status quo.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Hm, well that would explain the color change with the Hangman rollercoaster! I suppose the western theme just isn’t “cool” anymore, so they switched to the very overused wild theme. Whatever works though. Thanks for the updates!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
Wild Adventures is getting a dinosaur walk through attraction similar to all the cedar fair parks for 2016.

They seem to be a profitable hit, even though I don't see much value in them. It's basically paying to see a few statues from a distance that barely move from side to side. They hype it up to sound awesome for kids, but the actual experience is lackluster, and you rarely hear of anyone doing it a second time. I guess that's why they're all intended to be temporary. WA's will run only through 2016.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »
The Dinasour Walk through area from 2016 is being re-made into a giant bug exhibit for 2018.

http://www.walb.com/story/37067915/wild-adventures-announces-new-theme-area

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »
Herschend is expanding Luminights/Pumpkins in the City to Wild Adventures for 2021. There will also be many of the Pumpkin Spice foods for the festival.

One interesting note; this seems to be the first version of the festival that incorporates trick-or-treating stations.

https://www.wildadventures.com/Explore-the-Park/Special-Events/Great-Pumpkin-Luminights

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »
Interesting. Also could be noted that this further cements WA as more of a family-focused park since it sounds like they are replacing a scarier halloween event with this.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 07:01:11 PM »
Any updates on the Cheetah demo?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 11:07:42 AM »
Have there been other instances where SDC's maintenance works on rides for the other Herschend parks?

SDC is rumored to be doing the refurb on ride vehicles for Wild Adventures Safari Jeep ride.

https://screamscape.com/html/wild_adventures.htm