Author Topic: Where is Rube?  (Read 23106 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Rube?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
Alright baby steps, no need to go back into SDCFan rehab for doing too much too soon, but I plan on having a presence in the site more and mroe a the season begins. Baby raising, and work-school have been crazy, and tiring, but rewarding. Now my Spring sports should be starting competing here in about a week, so that is just another thing to get me busy. Gotta pay all these hospital bills somehow!

I have still continues adding when I could to all my collection, with the holidays and B-Day money I have picked up some gems of SDC/ Ozark items and am excited to get them scanned sometime.

Glad to be back!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
Where’s Rube? Hey, I found him! He’s right here, with the rest of us um, “passionate” folks.  ;)

It's good to have your expertise, and database of information around. However, I know first hand how life sometimes gets in our way. This week is my first time back since November. It's open season at Silver Dollar City again! ;D

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »
Congrats again on the new baby! So happy for you and glad to see you back, even if limited.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
Congrats, Rube. I haven't been on in a few months myself. Nice to be back

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
Yah we'll be jumping in head first soon, it is looking like our spring break trip is a go, now just worrying about the first night in a pack and play without the monitor...ahh the joys of parenthood, If you meet up with me and have met me before don't be suprised that I have gone totally gray from worrying over the past year! I know, I know...it only gets worse, and it will never stop.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 11:13:04 AM »
Yes, but in this case the gray, and stress is totally worth it! You all are going to have a great trip to Silver Dollar City this year as a complete family. :)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »
Rube, if you're talking about a regular baby monitor, just bring it along with everything else.  I brought the Angel monitor when I took my youngest for the first time at four months.  I was so paranoid!  I even had to cut a little hole in the Pack and Play netting for the cord to go through.  But, I slept pretty well.  As well as the mother of a four-month-old can!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 11:38:13 AM »
Yes the Angel monitor has been just that...an angel. We will see what we can do to rig it to the pack and play.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »
Well yes I revived my old thread seeing that I have been absent for some time from the site.

Through mysterious medical issues, a now 1yr old daughter, family trips to Denver/ Breckenridge CO, San Diego, LA, family issues, art commissions, work, and coaching I rarely get much time to sleep let alone post anything on here! I wish I had more hours in the day. Also with not being at SDC since June, I am going through withdrawl from the city. I actually spent more time at WDL in 2 days than I have at SDC all year...scary isn't it?

I am hopefully going to race the 5K Nov 9, but other than that who knows if I will make it back this season. Keep posting...I might not reply, but I am reading them usually at stop lights on my phone, or while feeding a bottle to my kiddo.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 10:47:49 PM »
Yes back to my old thread here over 2 yrs. later.

It has been a busy and rewarding year here for our family.
we sold our house, and built a new one
I survived 6+ months with my in laws
I started my new position in my school as a full time social studies teacher ( from being a full time gifted teacher, before that an art teacher - yes I have that many degrees!!!)
I was showcased in the SDC spot on the GAC reality show as the park expert

And...today we brought our newborn son home home from the hospital

That being said, life has now doubled the children in my house, as well as the tasks and jobs I have to do around the house to keep it running smoothly, and to be the Dad I want to be.

I will be even more rare on the sites in the upcoming months as ...well...I'll be busy!

Hopefully we'll make it out a few times this spring and summer to the park, and be able to spend time as a family of 4 at the park.

Feel free to message me, or keep me up on the happenings, I'll lurk as time allows, but feel free to send me PM's as needed!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
What a crazy pile of excuses, rube!  If you don't like us anymore, just come out and say it.  Is it something we did?  We can change.  Really, just tell us what to do, and we can do it. :'(
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
When you're up with the little one at two in the morning, that would be a great time for you to get on here and check in  ;D

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
That is what having a family and career does...keeps you from the little fun things you could do in spare time, because now, he and his wife don't have spare time! Ha!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
Well junior... I think an over abundance of free time is what got me into this situation in the first place! :-X

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Zowie!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating