Author Topic: Your Most Memorable SDC Trip  (Read 11065 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Your Most Memorable SDC Trip
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »
I have a tie for my most memorable trips.  One was my first visit at Christmas time.  I'd been to SDC often over the years, but my first Chrismas trip wasn't until 2004.  It was breathtaking! 

The other memorable trip would be our wedding.  We were married in the Wilderness Church on October 15, 2005.  Fifty of our closest friend and family were together in one of our favorite places.  The wedding staff was so professional, we didn't have to worry about a thing.  We have awesome pictures of our families in SDC.  We had a reception in Branson, and then off to Celebration City that night.  It was one of the longest days in my life, but had a great time through all of it!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »
Who's idea was the rising table in the Mine restaurant?  This is classic.

I remember taking my in-laws and brother-in-law - our first trip with them to SDC.  We ate in the Mine.  My wife, brother-in-law, and I sat at another table while my parents and her parents sat at the rising table.  My parents had seen it before, but her parents were clueless.  The thing got about as high as it could before my mother-in-law finally says, "I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland!"

My brother-in-law, who also didn't know about the table, got to be in on the joke.  I thought he was going to wet his pants before somebody finally noticed the table was chin-level.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
^Lol!

A couple years ago I went with three friends to SDC and we went from ride to ride all day long. It was the only SDC trip I've ever taken that I didn't go see a show or anything. We did go tour the cave though. It was a fun trip.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."