Author Topic: What keeps you coming back to SDC?  (Read 4140 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
What keeps you coming back to SDC?
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:23:33 PM »
Well I think its about time for another User Submitted Article!! Yay. Well, for this article I am going to need a little forum participation. My article is going to be about why people keep going to SDC! Over the years it has hardly changed at all, so why do you keep going back if you experience the same thing?! Well tell me.

In one post if you could just tell me why you keep going back to SDC your post may be used in my article. Thanks for your help.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
Re: What keeps you coming back to SDC?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »
Silver Doller City has a Spirit. It feels solid, and like it has a real history, becouse it does. For a hundred years and more people have come to that hilltop to experiance somthing different in there lives. From the first cave explorers, the miners and there familys, the Lynches and there tourists, the arival of the Hershends and there desire to build something unique, through to the present day, this is a genuine Experience. No other theme park can touch this. Go to Disney, Six Flags, etc. and look at the Employees. Does that smile reach their eyes? Do they seem genuinely glad to be there?
Years ago there was a song in SDC's first promo film "A Place in Time"  (1975-76) that went:

Theres a place where things are simple, pure, and pretty
an honest place hand made by honest men
and when folks come to Silver Dollar City
they somehow feel their commin' home again.

Silver Dollar City has a reason
for keepin' things the way thay've always been
Where nothin' ever changes but the seasons
and folks who come back once, come back again.

Over the years so many people said the same thing to me that I felt, that no matter what changed, it was and always will be, our home.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 03:27:23 PM by Old Guy »
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
Wow. I LOVE that song! It encompasses perfectly the reason why so many people come back year after year... For me, it is the feeling of "comin' home again". Somehow I feel like I belong there more than any other place on earth. Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong century... :)

~ "Becky" Joy ~

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »
I don't know if Silver Dollar City is a part of us, or if we are a part of Silver Dollar City.  It transcends amusement parks.  It is the quintessential theme park.  It may be one reason I enjoyed taking vacations with my parents, unlike many of my friends.  i grew up visiting Silver Dollar City with my parents, and now I'm experiencing its magic all over again with my daughter.

Ironically, Silver Dollar City never gets old for the true fan.  It is a thing of value, with treasures to be found in all its nooks and crannies.  It is a place of enchantment.

Silver Dollar City is for the family.  It is first-rate.  It appeals to all members of the family.  Who doesn't spread a smile across his face watching the elderly couple walking hand-in-hand across Main Street?  Who doesn't leak laughter watching young children trapsing through the water fountains in Geyser Gulch or eating their first funnel cake?  Who doesn't get a warm feeling when the Christmas Parade sweeps by in celebration of the season?

We've watched the lye thicken, the iron redden, the glass expand.  Pots, baskets, and candles take shape, along with the minds, hearts, and spirits of the visitors to this engaging place.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »
I have no idea what it is specifically that keeps me coming back. Maybe it's the overwhelming charm of the place, maybe it's the great new expansions, maybe it's that there's always more to do, or maybe it's the wonderful memories 3 generations of my family have shared there since it opened as a cave attraction.

I dunno, I've just always felt that I need to keep coming back, like the place is some special part of my family history.