Author Topic: When times are tight...  (Read 8393 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
When times are tight...
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
I figured some of us could use a place to share cost-saving tips, considering how many people have confessed skipping out on Branson trips this year due to high costs of travel. Use this board to post and sweet deals you've come across for Branson attractions, or any good ways to save money on trips - it'll help someone and their family be able to make it down to Branson easier.

sdcforever

Re: When times are tight...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »
This is perfect timing, Steve!  I saw a great deal for Branson online last week and wasn't sure where to post it.  Branson announced a deal for two free show tickets for anyone who brings in a copy of their economic stimulus check or proof of direct deposit.  It's a pretty sweet deal!  Here's a link to the story with a list of participating shows, full details, etc.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/branson-announces-initiative-stretch-family-vacation-dollars-economic-stimulus/

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:20:08 AM »
I found this in the Springfield Business Journal today.  Thought it might help those who are traveling a little ways by car to get to Branson.

"[Jerry] Henry [Corporate Director of Research for Herschend Family Entertainment] said the transportation costs would likely mean summer travelers stay fewer days and spend less on attractions.

To soften the impact, the Branson chamber is issuing Gas Buster Discount Punch Cards, through a program it started in 2002. According to Berry, anyone showing a minimum of $40 in receipts for gas purchased on a trip to Branson can pick up a card from one of the Branson chamber welcome centers located at the corners of highways 65 and 248 and highways 65 and 160. The cards are worth up to $50 in discounts when redeemed at participating businesses until Oct. 31."

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:20:47 AM by sdcforever »

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:00:26 PM »
Here is more info on the free tickets...

http://www.explorebranson.com/static/index.cfm?contentID=225
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

shlyla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »
Hello, I hope some one can give me some info.  Our family of 10 is going to be in branson in June.  we would like to take the kids to SDC.  But we would like to find some discount tickets we only need one day.  I know that sometime Coke has discounts on there cans if you bring a coke can to the park.  Is there anything like this out there?

Any  help would be appreciated

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:28 PM »
^They can be hard to find.  I recommend you try http://www.searchalldeals.com.  Just type "Silver Dollar City" in the search box.  This site searches a lot of deal and coupon sites at once.  Hope this helps and that you find something!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 03:42:04 PM »
^^ From what I've seen, there are less deals like that around of late, but it's always a good idea to stop at the gas stations before you get to Branson and check the goods over for special offers.

That's unfortunately the only advice I can give right now.  :-X