Author Topic: SDC ringtones  (Read 14318 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC ringtones
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
I know it is here somewhere but on SDCs website under all rides then click fire in the hole and they have a link that will provide you with mp3 of the song of fire in the hole but then next to it is a ring tone of RUBE DUGANS DIVING BELL!! grandpappy is speaking and starts ya off on your journey! I hadnt seen this and I dont know if anyone else had....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: SDC ringtones
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:54:14 PM »
Try looking through some of the links on these pages...

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=1801.msg33995;topicseen#msg33995

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
The diving bell ringtone is the first thirty seconds of the actual "ride portion" of the diving bell, and features the voice of Slim Pickens as Captain Rube Dugan.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

OzarkBred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
Have any of us SDCFans ever recorded an mp3 of the steam locomotive whistle at the park? I'd love to use it on my phone as a notification ringtone.

The 50th anniversary ringtones include lots of great goodies, but they don't include the steam train. (http://50.silverdollarcity.com/contests-extras/music.aspx)

If no one has recorded it, I'll try to do so on my visit this fall.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
I recorded it, imported it to iTunes, and created a file, then uploaded it to my phone, then assigned it as a ringtone/ alert. There are apps for iPhone that allow you to create these directly from your phone, but I would rather not spend money on them (my old cheap cell phone allowed for making ringtones ON the phone itself, but Apple does not do that. I'll see if I can find where it is in my iTunes.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »
I have the ones released by SDC, but have always wished they would release a tone of the train whistle. That has to be one of my favorite sounds.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

LadyDrifter

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 12:35:09 PM »
Thanks for the link to the ringtones.  That is too cool.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:48 AM »
I have the ones released by SDC, but have always wished they would release a tone of the train whistle. That has to be one of my favorite sounds.

I downloaded a steam train whistle but I don't remember where. Its my alarm to wake up to every morning :)
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
What an awesome way to wake up! Just like how a blast from the train whistle is how Silver Dollar City starts its day at the rope drop. :)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
Here's to necro'ing a really old post!  LOL

I was looking for some background music for a video and remembered these old ringtones.  I used to have them on one of my phones.  But I've since changed phones, and sadly the links to the downloads no longer work.  Does anyone by chance know a place where these might be downloaded?  Or have copies of them they are willing to share?
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 07:31:03 PM »
I wish I did!  I used to have Fire In the Hole!

jsgoode

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
There's a video I've found of the Fire in the Hole song. You might be able to ask the uploader if he can give you a file to use.
https://youtu.be/uPnIltx_fMs
There's also a Flooded Mine one I've found as well.
https://youtu.be/CBEqWZR6XSk

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 11:59:41 PM »
I have an SDC/FITH mix ringtone in .mp3 format. Send me your email so that I can return it as an attachment.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 09:18:55 PM »
I have an SDC/FITH mix ringtone in .mp3 format. Send me your email so that I can return it as an attachment.

I'll send you mine!  I used to have it in mp3, but I can't find it.  Possibly, it's on my old nano somewhere.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 08:29:42 PM »

I'll send you mine!  I used to have it in mp3, but I can't find it.  Possibly, it's on my old nano somewhere.

thank you to KBCraig for it!!

I actually looked on my old phones, checking those, but apparently I had it on a microsd memory card, and no clue where that would be now, so my originals are probably gone for good.  But grateful for the replacement file.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.