Author Topic: First (and Likely Last) Visit  (Read 8228 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: First (and Likely Last) Visit
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »
I enjoyed last year's show, though I hate the set which clearly has more of a 50s flair that the rest of the park.  I think the show rivals just about anything you'll see on the strip.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 04:32:23 PM »
May I take this moment to relive my most wonderful childhood memories of the city? These are all the things that would disappoint me the most if the Herschends decided to remove them from SDC.
- Eating breakfast at the Mill. When you are being seated at a table, pull the hostess aside and ask for one of the "special" tables. There is one that slowly begins to spin after you sit down for breakfast and another that slowly raises up and eventually gets as high as your chin. For your two year old and the grandparents, that will create some good cheer for the beginning of the trip. The trick is to not let anyone else know you are sitting at a "special" table. For best results, get there early as you've planned.
- The candle shop is great, they can buy or dip their own candles.
- All the shops, especially the Christmas Shop. I know it's May but you can't pass it up. I don't know if you know this but, after you purchase something you can have it sent to the gift shop where you can pick all your packages up at the end of the day. Just keep your package slip.
- Treat yourselves to some Suffrin' Sucotash! It's cooked on those massive skillets.
- Frisco Train for sure.
- Have a root beer float at the saloon.
- Watch the ladies at the candy shop make peanut brittle and volunteer to be the first taster.
- The balloon ride was my favorite as a kid. It's pretty easy.
- Glass Blowing, wood carvers, and the iron man.
- Don't forget Branson itself! Tons of shows, museums, wineries, the Titanic museum is there, and there is a great restaurant called The Farmhouse Kitchen where you can get chicken fried steak dinner for 6 bucks.

I hope this helped! It sure was fun writing! Have a great time this weekend!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:58:48 PM by sonthew »

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
BelmontATO,  We want to here how the trip went! Report please.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

BelmontATO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
Decent. My in-laws are retired, and apparently they have gotten quite lazy. We got there early for a fantastic breakfast, then watched the opening ceremonies. From there, my 2-year-old kind-of took over, so we spent the majority of the day shuttling her back and forth between the frogs and the balloons. We had the BBQ lunch (fantastic as always), and caught the saloon show, which is much improved from last season. We also rode the train.

All told, we didn't get to do near as much stuff as I wanted us to get to, but they seemed really pleased with their day nevertheless.

sdcforever

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 12:00:45 PM »
Cool!  As long your in-laws had a good time.  That's what matters.