Author Topic: New SDC Logo For 2012  (Read 8958 times)

pintrader

New SDC Logo For 2012
« on: November 17, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »
I heard straight from the horse's mouth last Saturday that the new logo that was implemented this year is again changing.  I was told the sparks would be disappearing starting next year.  The way it was presented to me it would just go back to the way it looked before the sparks.  So, if you want to pick up some merchandise with the current logo you might want to get to the city before the end of this year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New SDC Logo For 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
wonder what brought that on?

pintrader

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
I presume someone did not like the sparks, because that was brought up a couple of times.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
WHEW! you scared me when I read the subject line.
I for one am glad it is going back to the oringinal logo; I liked the updated look of the new one for the 50 years celebration, but past that, the original should have gone back in place after that was over (IMO).

Now, my question is this: will only the sparks be taken away? or will they do away with all those yellow & blue outlines as well?
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
I haven't paid much attention to the logo lately to even remember that there were sparks. Is the current logo on SDC's facebook the updated version? http://www.facebook.com/Silverdollarcity

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
No shave that is the old one.. here is the new one for this year (2011)

http://silverdollarcity.com/

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
I like the old one better, also.  I don't like the one with the flags at the gate either.  I assumed that was only for the 50th anniversary, but I assumed wrong.  Give back the log and axe - that's good enough for me.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:32:03 PM »
Cough Cough-Pixie Dust-Cough Cough

Good Riddance

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:50:26 AM »
I’m probably in the minority here, but I loved the sparks! I hated the gold, and blue boarders though. If they could keep the 2011 design with the sparks, but cut out those chubby gold, and blue boarders it would be perfect.  :)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »
Cough Cough-Pixie Dust-Cough Cough

Good Riddance

The pixie dust was mostly the 2010 50th Anniversary logo, and not the 2011 logo. Since it is definitely long gone, I’m sure we won’t have to worry about that.  ;D

pintrader

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
Since it sounds like we are going to have a new SDC logo for 2012, or at least back to the old.  I was just wondering how many logos SDC has had over the years?  I am not sure if the first two were considered logos or not but here is what I could find.  Can anyone think of or remember more?  I do know there has not been very many.

Baldknobber

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 01:35:47 PM »
I never cared for the sparks myself either. Since when does an axe hitting (chopping) wood give off sparks?

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
I never cared for the sparks myself either. Since when does an axe hitting (chopping) wood give off sparks?

That's kinda what I thought too. I thought the logo for this past year looked really animated, not authentic like in the years past (with the burnt orange and black log). I grew up with the old logo, so maybe I'm just being biased.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 07:32:20 AM »
I have also considerd the new logo too "loud",  with the colors and sparks.. hopefully they will change it back completely or at least "quiet" it down.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
Another reason I didn't like the sparks: The old logo left me and my friends/family wondering if the sun was rising for a new day, or if it was setting getting ready for a new tomorrow. ~I hope you know what I mean, I don't know how else to explain it.~ And it would lead to fun little debates.

My grandma (RIP) started a thing where we would say the sun was rising as we were on our way into the park as in saying "Good Morning!", and then as we were leaving, we would say that the sun is setting as a way of telling us "Goodbye until tomorrow!" For us, 'tomorrow' meant 'next time' because something about SDC always seems like a new day where amazing possibilities are waiting.

The sparks made it seems like somebody was doing really hard work all the time, and for me, SDC is a way of relaxation, a way to help me realize that hard work is important, but so is having fun. If someone keeps thier axe stuck in the log overnight, that means they did really hard work and had finally said its time to call it a day and spend time with family and friends.

I hope I'm making since lol
I didn't sleep well last night and I'm stressed about the 8-10 page psychology paper I'm supposed to be writing.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin