Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722108 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1575 on: November 04, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
The panning will be back before long in a different location. That thing has popped up all over the park over the last ten years.

I'm trying to imagine the other side of the landing without bridges. Here's hoping they'll gut it down to the superstructure build it up again while adding some cool new thematics to it, otherwise it will just kind of be an odd leftover mess. They must have a reason to take out the bridges though, so I'm sure something major is going on with it.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 04, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
I'm actually kinda sad to see the panning go. I never got around to doing it, but when we were there with friends last time, one of them got a bag and got himself a REALLY great haul. Better than I've ever seen from something like that.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 04, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »
I think the bridges are going because they are in pretty bad shape. They have patched them up some but its probably just easier to take them down.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1578 on: November 04, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
Yeah, there are already plans for it to return next year in a new location.

Heard a rumor today that the current kettle corn location might have to removed to make way for a project to happen over there.  Not 100% yet, but something to keep an eye on.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 05, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
Sluice...I will not miss

Bridges, I was reading the 2008 threads, and it referenced the tearing out of the Landing as a whole. I think they have left the area pretty well in tact despite the prime real estate it takes up just for the fact that they have no other use at this time.

Curious...When was the last upgrade/ expansion that DID NOT involve a ride? Would we have to go back to The Culinary Craft School? When was the last new area for craftsmen/ stores? I know, I know those do not bring the guests.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #1580 on: November 05, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »
Curious...When was the last upgrade/ expansion that DID NOT involve a ride? Would we have to go back to The Culinary Craft School? When was the last new area for craftsmen/ stores? I know, I know those do not bring the guests.

Those non ride attractions bring me in! I am not as young as I used to be, and the rollercoasters just don't pull me in like they used to. Now I go to Silver Dollar City for the overall experience. If Silver Dollar City was nothing but rides, I would probably be less likely to go. I can get rides anywhere. :)

I'm okay if they remove the old Landing structure as long as they replace it with something quality. After all, it's basically just a large decoration piece anyway at this point.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 05, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
Polly's is currently being torn down.  Guess they started pretty early this morning from what I've heard.  Hope you all got to say your final goodbyes.

Not the only thing that'll be missing next weekend.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 05, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Adeu, Aunt Polly's! You served us well!  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 05, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »
I took final pictures sunday afternoon,

stood in the middle of the walkway between Polly and the Mercantile and did a 360.

stood over by RB entry and took several shots that direction,

stood on walkway by bridge going to the swings and took poictures facing south,,,

So I think I have that are pretty well covered, will be interesting to see it in 30 days when i return....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #1586 on: November 06, 2012, 08:43:49 AM »
Awesome pics sand! Silver Dollar City is just like a real city. Sometimes you have to tear down an old house to rebuild something better in its place. I just hope Silver Dollar City doesn't put in a shopping mall.

Yes, I'm teasing. ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 06, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
Thanks Ozark, new camera.. so i was pretty happy with results..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 07, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »
Fence is up.  Runs from wax hands to Pig Race.
Lots of things gone.  Will wait until weekend to reveal in case someone is going

Surprised no one has mentioned the work that was done at Rib House.  All I'll say on that for now.
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 07, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
^ when we were there sat Oct 27th, I noticed they were adding a gable roof over the terrace seating area of the Rib House. But that was all that was going on at the time.
You have a great past just ahead of you.