Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722043 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1515 on: October 23, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
The path to the bridge must be going to the west of the site plan I have.  It shows a fence there, but that could have changed.  I doubt they'd connect where the caboose was as they need that for access to the OH.  My concern with a bridge there is that there will be done ugly sidelines of the backstage area visible.  If you've been back there you'll know what I mean.

I'll do some digging and see if I can find out more.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1516 on: October 24, 2012, 01:00:06 AM »
Here's an awesome new video of a recent full construction tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WL_HfGPXpZc

You can see that they're really getting down to the final details. The track looks like it's almost finished all the way around, and the station is being outfitted with things like railings and lights. The exterior areas are already looking really nice. I like how they have covered up the retaining walls.

I still think that queue is way too small. I predict that on the days when the park is packed out the line will extend way into the barnyard, which will happen pretty often next year.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 24, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
^ the extended queue has not been built yet.

Did some checking on this bridge thing.  They said the same thing I did - first they had heard of it.  So either this is a new change or just wishful thinking
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: October 24, 2012, 08:16:13 AM »
hey swoosh.....

who knows????????

My info could be WRONG!!!!!!

LOL!!!!.....

Wait i know!!  It going to be a tunnel, NOT a bridge!!!!!!!!................. ::) ::) ::) ::)(sorry had to be said)thasnks

thanks for checking..

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 25, 2012, 09:03:53 AM »
Could there be a bridge constructed for backstage purposes, but not for use by the visiting public?

Then both of your sources could be correct... ;D

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 25, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »
I'm not discrediting her source as being wrong.  Just my sources have not heard of this addition to the plans (yet), if there is indeed one.
SWOOSH

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 25, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »
I believe that at one time, an access to OR was being considered from the OH area between it and FITH, and there was talk of a bridge passing over the RR tracks at that point...but that idea has been scrapped.  At least for the foreseeable future.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 27, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
have ya all seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_HfGPXpZc -- construction tour with head of maintence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0u_UQug6Q -- interview with brad thomas
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: October 27, 2012, 09:46:53 AM »
WOW!!!  well we all wanted a "woody"!!!!!........ and we have it now!!,..

Great vidwo, great angle shots..... 

nice find how do...

well be interesting now to see pics from the ACE event, seeing how far along this video shows evberything is..

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 29, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »
When we were at SDC on Sat (Oct 27th) we took our last pictures of Aunt Polly's.  :(
I did take notice that every building already has the christmas lights attached, however...Aunt Polly's had none. Now, your average person would not even notice something like that, but I sure did. Hate to see that place go, I always loved the light fixtures in there with that red & white stripped wallpaper.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »
i am anxious to see that area the 1st weekend.... see if they have the area boarded up or if any work will have started,,,

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
There's some fantastic pics at TPR from Chadster. Sadly, he sez the controls and gates in the queue are coming from OzCat. Just tear it down.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 29, 2012, 09:10:06 PM »
If you've seen the video from the other site of the construction tour, his photos are more of the same.  No need giving that site any more traffic than we need to.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1528 on: October 30, 2012, 02:02:31 AM »
Here is the link to the new photos: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1240577#p1240577

It does sound like the final nail in the coffin for OzCat, not that we haven't seen it coming by now. I still hope GCI is eventually hired to build a more family-oriented wood coaster along the lines of OzCat for SDC.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 30, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »
When we were at SDC on Sat (Oct 27th) we took our last pictures of Aunt Polly's.  :(
I did take notice that every building already has the christmas lights attached, however...Aunt Polly's had none. Now, your average person would not even notice something like that, but I sure did. Hate to see that place go, I always loved the light fixtures in there with that red & white stripped wallpaper.

Me, too...sad... :(