Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722359 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1425 on: August 30, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »
Here is the competition,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Ey4k6lN44&feature=plcp

seems they have beat both the speed and the height of Outlaw run.  However if past history and experience play true they will not have the class or the detail of SDCs ride.  Six Flags is just not the same class of park, if you dropped a duplicate ride into SDC it would just feel better, you cant match the setting and trees that SDC has to work with. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:50:49 PM by mhguy77 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1426 on: August 30, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »
^Well, it's a different type of track system, so they loose brownie points (with me anyway  :P) for that since it seems a little less daring than SDC's more brazen attempt at using as close to a traditional wood system as possible. Comparing the rides themselves, it's hard to say which will be better. We're really going to have to ride both, and even then I expect opinions to vary. It has a good drop, a barrel roll, some neat curves, and a tunnel, but IMO Outlaw has better curves, 2 barrel rolls, and airtime. I wish we had a tunnel as well though... The settings of both rides are going to be interesting and different.

I do agree though that in the long run Outlaw Run will likely keep it's appeal better than Iron Rattler. SDC simply treats their rides better, especially over the long run. Once they are built, they are part of a total park experience rather than just another piece of machinery.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 30, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
I wish we had a tunnel as well though...
SHHHH
Please lets let that tunnel thing die quietly .....

But they could add one in the future pretty easy...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1428 on: August 30, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Here is the competition,

seems they have beat both the speed and the height of Outlaw run.  However if past history and experience play true they will not have the class or the detail of SDCs ride.  Six Flags is just not the same class of park, if you dropped a duplicate ride into SDC it would just feel better, you cant match the setting and trees that SDC has to work with. 

Rattler uses the quarry rock wall -- which in its own right is pretty impressive.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 30, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »
Rattler uses the quarry rock wall -- which in its own right is pretty impressive.

Well I may be a little Six Flags jaded after being wanded on my last trip into the Gurney Ill park.  Metal detectors are thankfully unnecessary at SDC.  I bet the rock wall is cool but I still prefer SDC.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 30, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
I wish we had a tunnel as well though...
SHHHH
Please lets let that tunnel thing die quietly .....

But they could add one in the future pretty easy...

Yea, MHguy,  i read it!!  What about that tunnel???  ??? ??? ??? ???D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1431 on: August 30, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
It looks like we've gotten our first glance at the RMC trains in the Iron Rattler concept art. Check out the overview photo at the end of this post: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1221857#p1221857

So the cars are articulated, but in that artwork they are 2-row cars instead of just one row. Maybe that's a glitch by the artist, or it's particular to IR, or the trains do in fact have 2-car trains, but I thought we had been told at some point that the trains would have single-row cars...

In any case, the most exciting element of trains are the open-air bucket seats. They look a little funky, but I'm sure they're designed to be as open as possible.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1432 on: August 30, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »
They said that the trains for IR will be the same design as those for NTAG
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 31, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
Still don't understand why we didn't get a POV video. Seems like every new major coaster project has one. And I agree about the tunnel. Seems like such an easy thing to add to a design, especially if it's simply building an enclosure over the track, versus excavation work and doing something underground a la TNT. Maybe they deliberately left it out to leave the door open for an even wilder Outlaw Run down the road.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 31, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
Here is the competition,

That video is now set to "private". Can't see it.

Here's what SDC posted to Facebook today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5zcePfwJeA

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 31, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
great picture of the "drop"...  I was glad to see Peter doing some talking about the ride... we didnt see him at all during HDH...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1436 on: August 31, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
This is the 'competition' we were talking about before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4or3FzgLQ

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #1437 on: August 31, 2012, 10:53:58 PM »
I found this video earlier...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TbUasWfr0
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 10, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
Anyone been to park lately? Curious what kind of progress has been made on OR. Surely the the entire circuit has been completed by now. Anxious to get our first glimpse of the trains, too. I won't be getting down until OTC, but I'm anxious to finally see this thing in person.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 10, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »
Im going Saturday. Will try to get pictures of it.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!