Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 717873 times)

Thunderation

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1365 on: August 12, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
Just imagine what the traffic will be like in the morning when this thing opens it is crazy enough on a regular weekend.
You have a great past ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1366 on: August 12, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »
I don't think the "huge rush" will come until Summer.  I would imagine that World Fest will still be relatively quiet like normal.  Spring Break Days might be busier than normal.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 12, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
I am curious about the steps involved in getting on and off this coaster.  On Powderkeg there are stairs. on AP there are stairs, what are  the entrances and exits like on Outlaw run?  Flat or do they have you walking stairs?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1368 on: August 12, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »
^There is a plan of the area among the coverage on TPR: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1212990#p1212990

I'll scan in a copy of the announcement brochure that also has that plan on it tomorrow. There are no stairs, just ramps. It's ADA accessible all the way with no elevators or anything required.

In other news, I'm busy uploading photos to this gallery: http://sdcfans.com/photos/feat/24
Got a few more to go though. I'm just posting the best construction photos I have for now. I have a lot more that I might add in later just for those that are obsessing over the construction and haven't been able to see it with their own eyes yet.

pintrader

« Reply #1369 on: August 13, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
I was kind of wondering what kind of observation view Outlaw Run was going to have for people who were waiting for others to ride?  With out a doubt it's not going to be as good as Wildfire or even Powder Keg with the ride going into the woods, but it would be nice to have a good view of the lift and return home.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 13, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
Just standing outside the station you'll be able too see the lift and the brake run back into the station.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 13, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »
I am curious about the steps involved in getting on and off this coaster.  On Powderkeg there are stairs. on AP there are stairs, what are  the entrances and exits like on Outlaw run?  Flat or do they have you walking stairs?

There is a plan on the press release page on my website.  It is easier to find and will help you avoid going to TPR.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 13, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't look like there are any stairs, which is really nice.

I think it's really cool that you get to walk over the lift on your way off the ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 13, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »
You technically get to walk over the lift on Wildfire too. ;D

The only stairs in the entire building are emergency access stairs between the shop and the load station.  The rest of the area is ramps.
SWOOSH

Chad91

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 13, 2012, 03:16:41 PM »
This is what SDC should of done with their new coaster marketing wise:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853&start=12920

Cedar Point did a live stream announcement at their front gate. Why couldn't SDC do something like that? Its not that hard to hook a web cam up. I mean shoot the least they could of done is give out cookies to guest while showing them the few concepts arts they have. SDC really is stuck in the past  ::)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:27:14 PM by Chad91 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1375 on: August 13, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
^While that would have been nice, CP and SDC certainly have slightly different crowds to appeal to. The way SDC has marketed Outlaw has worked out just fine. They actually had a bunch of pathfinder-like announcement flyers set out for people to grab in the park, and it was talked about a lot on the train and tram rides, so essentially everyone on park that day heard about it. And of course everyone who follows them online has heard about it too. A live stream wouldn't have been that amazing really, the micro site was good enough. Don't even get me started on the logistics challenges of "simply" handing out cookies to guests...

Anyway though, as I noted on one of the photos I posted (http://sdcfans.com/photos/feat/24), the ramp you will go down to enter the station is right up against the break run where riders will be returning just after having completed the two inclined barrel rolls. I am sure there will be some fun times there watching people's reactions. There is no specific viewing area though.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 13, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
"...SDC is really stuck in the past." Um, duh? And why cookies? What is the point of the cookies? I would rather they take what they would have spent on cookies and running a live feed and place that money into fantastic theming. Worth more to me then a stale cookie and a lousy live feed. But that is me.  :-\
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 13, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »
SDC really is stuck in the past  ::)

How much money did you make running your theme park last year?

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
SDC really is stuck in the past  ::)

How much money did you make running your theme park last year?

It is an 1880's theme park after all...anyway, I think they did a perfectly fine job marketing the new ride...guess I can't figure out the hang up on this or why it has become such a big issue for some...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:45:00 PM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
Hopefully the ride will have a high height requirement. The inversions will keep old people away and with a high height requirement it will keep the kiddies away, meaning short lines for me  8)

Anyways why is it the SDC has not hyped this up to its full potential? I mean why couldnt they post a full animated POV of the ride and then put it in the gift shops like six flags does with their new rides. Its almost like who ever runs the marketing is kicking it old school, which isn't cool.
Help me understand your reasoning here...on one hand you want lines to be short so that you don't have such a long wait and then a couple of times since you've knocked SDC for their marketing of the ride...wouldn't the marketing you wished they would have done made the lines longer for you? Seems contradictory but to each his own...
Colorado SDC Fan