Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722011 times)

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1335 on: August 10, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »
I've already decided I'm going to buy a mug...even if it is only valid for that one season...heck...maybe I'll buy 2...

My hubby said pretty much the same thing, that we would have to buy mugs this next year just because of Outlaw.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 10, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
When we were there on Sunday we peeked at the station through the Wilson's Farm fence. It seems like an awful big expanse of gravel between the two. Have they said what will be done with the area? Paved, trees, or will that all be for the queue? I personally feel the space needs some trees, but then again they don't fit as well with the Western theme-ing in the area.  :-\

That's for the "western themed" balloon ride of course!! haha
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1337 on: August 10, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »
There will be a number of new trees planted in the area that is now just gravel. Check out this photo that Swoosh posted on MIG: http://midwestinfoguide.com/new/outlawrun/6.jpg

I still think the queue area looks really small in the plans. That's only a handful of switchbacks before they have to start using the overflow. I guess we'll see though, most of the plan views are somewhat deceiving.

The interesting new thing outside the station is probably the new vendor cart which will serve a new kind of food for the city. I heard them talking about it a bit yesterday, but I don't think it's been finalized yet.

Thunderation

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 10, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »
I will be at the city this afternoon, have they gotten rid of the big banner that says silverdollarcity2013.com yet so you can see down the hill?
You have a great past ahead of you.

Chad91

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 10, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
Hopefully the ride will have a high height requirement. The inversions will keep old people away and with a high height requirement it will keep the kiddies away, meaning short lines for me  8)

Anyways why is it the SDC has not hyped this up to its full potential? I mean why couldnt they post a full animated POV of the ride and then put it in the gift shops like six flags does with their new rides. Its almost like who ever runs the marketing is kicking it old school, which isn't cool.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:12:47 AM by Chad91 »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 10, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »
I just hope "western" isn't the new theme of the future. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1341 on: August 10, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »
^Look at the site map that is on the press release page of my website to see what will happen.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1342 on: August 10, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »
^^^^Yes, the banner is gone, but it's just a mess of wood from that angle.

Anyways why is it the SDC has not hyped this up to its full potential? I mean why couldnt they post a full animated POV of the ride and then put it in the gift shops like six flags does with their new rides. Its almost like who ever runs the marketing is kicking it old school, which isn't cool.

What on earth are you talking about? They've hyped the heck out of this thing. People all around the world are talking about it. They kept it under wraps as long as they could to keep from hurting their ticket sales for this year. I mean, it's not even half way through August yet.

An accurate POV would be very hard to produce for this coaster. Like I keep saying, it is NOT on flat ground and actually runs over a very diverse terrain. Besides, they've already shown everything that they need to get people excited. No need to run it into the ground with POV's of every angle.

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
This new coaster looks awesome! Now I just hope I have the nerve to ride it.  I'll probably make/let the kids ride it first.  ;)   Someone asked about a height requirement.  The info on the website says 48".  http://silverdollarcity2013.com/details/fact-sheet/

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »
I just hope "western" isn't the new theme of the future. 

The theme has always been a bit of a hodgepodge. The Hatfields and McCoys had nothing to do with the area, but they played up the "hillbilly feud" for decades.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 10, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
Looking at Swoosh's pics on MIG, where the track passes through the lift hill is almost a tunnel feature. If it was enclosed, it would be.

Looks like a head chopper feature, riding very close to the ground.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1346 on: August 10, 2012, 01:33:19 PM »
SWOOSH

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 10, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Swoosh and shave, Did I hear correct that you were not allowed down by the wave turn?  Is it possible that there could be a tunnel down in that area?  I seem to recall a poster saying he/she had seen a tunnel down in the valley.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 10, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
I would not be suprised if SDC instaled a stage coach water play area out front. It makes sence that they would so something to keep the small ones busy at this is a dead end area at this time. They have a milking cow out front of the swing.
I dont think that a water play area would be out of the question.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 10, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »
SDC is NOT six flags. It is not Cedar Point or WOF. It is SDC and original. I am glad there isnt more posted. I want surprise and anticipation. SDC may be old school and that is fine with me.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!