Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 721770 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1320 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
I also have a few copies of the special pathfinder announcement issue. I will scan one and post it when I get a chance next week.

One thing that I found interesting but forgot to ask about is the queue line - it looks really small in the "blue prints" of the area that were released. There's a small shaded queue area that goes into an even smaller covered queue area right outside the station. There is no actual queuing inside the station except for individual rows. There is a larger 'overflow' queuing area though, but even with that it doesn't look like it will be enough queue space. There's only 2 trains on this coaster, and if one goes down I can see waits taking over an hour easily. This will certainly be the most popular ride in the park for the next few years at least.

Also, those footers we talked about long ago just outside the station are indeed for the exit pathway that will go over the start of the lift hill. It's been mostly built already actually.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 09, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
EXCELLENT REPORT, Swoosh! Thanks so much.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1322 on: August 09, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
Here are photos from the construction site. 
http://midwestinfoguide.com/silver/outlawrun/08.09.12/

Quoted for those that might have missed it due to the new page

4. Brad T. said there was something neat planned to go in close to the loading station but he wouldn't say what it was.

Stage coach.  It is already there and is also on the site plans.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:53:18 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
One thing that I found interesting but forgot to ask about is the queue line - it looks really small in the "blue prints" of the area that were released. There's a small shaded queue area that goes into an even smaller covered queue area right outside the station. There is no actual queuing inside the station except for individual rows. There is a larger 'overflow' queuing area though, but even with that it doesn't look like it will be enough queue space. There's only 2 trains on this coaster, and if one goes down I can see waits taking over an hour easily. This will certainly be the most popular ride in the park for the next few years at least.

Where the tent was set up for the radio reporters to be stationed is where the outdoor shaded queue area will go.  It is not built yet.
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:38 PM »
Wow, thanks for the update Swoosh and Steve. This thing really looks insane and unlike anything SDC has done in the past. I will ride anything and not be scared, but some of these inversions look pretty "gnarly" (seems like the best word to use). So excited to experience them all for the first time.

I also love the look of the station. Reminds me of Wildfire in that it isn't just a regular old building. Really fits the theme of the ride and is a part of the entire attraction.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

crash

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 09, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
I must say that this ride is such a beauty.  Glad that sdc is getting such a wonderful ride.  I think there is something in store like Zephon said. I know that it isn't the stage coach. They just can not tell anyone yet.

Btw all those picture that you put up on midwestinfoguide are wonderful! Thanks for the update!!!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 09, 2012, 11:33:50 PM »
OK, First Rides, Who gets them?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:54:53 PM by oldsdcer »
SDC has always made a great past to remember

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #1327 on: August 09, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
I think they should let us SDCFans get first ride!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 09, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »
Added some new concept photos including the site layout to the press release page on MiG
http://midwestinfoguide.com/new/outlawrun/

If you go by the concept art, Zephon was alluding to the stage coach.

Here is the construction site tour if you missed it
http://midwestinfoguide.com/silver/outlawrun/08.09.12/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:05:29 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

mammalone

« Reply #1329 on: August 10, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
 ^ Awesome pics and commentary! Best I've seen so far. So wish I could have been there.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 10, 2012, 07:45:43 AM »
I have an inkling, Swoosh, that by the teasing tone in Brad's attitude when he told us, it's going to be more than just a stagecoach.  He also said it hasn't been built yet, so if the stagecoach is there, that rules that out.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

pintrader

« Reply #1331 on: August 10, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
They're expecting a 65% increase in attendance next year. That seems like a lot but will be great for the park! No doubt longer lines though...

I heard a 65,000 increase in attendance for next year  ???.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 10, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »
If you look at Swooshs art work they have " Sponsorship Opportunity" written all over the building.  Usually they do this tastefully.  Its tough for me to come up with any product off the top of my head with the exception of Coke that could remotely belong.  Visions of Germex written in blue on the roof haunt me and make be shutter a little......tell me it isn't so....

pintrader

« Reply #1333 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
OK, First Rides, Who gets them?

On KY3 news out of Springfield Mo at noon yesterday, Sherry Herschend (Who is Jack Herschend's wife) said "She would love to be the first to ride if they would let her".  They went on to say that she considered herself a thrill seeker and when Wildfire opened she rode it 11 straight times.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 10, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
When we were there on Sunday we peeked at the station through the Wilson's Farm fence. It seems like an awful big expanse of gravel between the two. Have they said what will be done with the area? Paved, trees, or will that all be for the queue? I personally feel the space needs some trees, but then again they don't fit as well with the Western theme-ing in the area.  :-\
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"