Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722618 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1305 on: August 09, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »
Thanks for all the info!  I thought about the announcement a few times today while I was working on my classroom, but I knew I would have a great treat waiting for me when I got home.  I can't wait to ride!

mammalone

« Reply #1306 on: August 09, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
They're expecting a 65% increase in attendance next year. That seems like a lot but will be great for the park! No doubt longer lines though...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 09, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »
With the short ride time I am hoping they have a high speed lift. It would be better if the majority of the time is spent on the coaster and not on the lift.  Looks like we will be buying the seasons passes again this year.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1308 on: August 09, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »
Oh man, what a day. I had a fantastic time at the park today. Not only was the park itself great today, but I also got the opportunity to attend an announcement dinner with various park vendors and a complete tour of the ride. I also got to meet Brad Thomas and a several people from various parts of the park's marketing department. It was a tremendous time and I can't say how grateful I am for the experience.

I'm probably more pumped for this ride now than anything else I can remember. Getting to see it up close was awe inspiring. I noted last night how every piece of track is doing something incredible, and I certainly will say that again now.

The drop is just insane. I knew all along that we were getting bad angles in our photos, but even I was surprised at how big and extreme it was when I finally got a good look at it. All of the turns look like they will be incredible, including the turn that goes through the lift hill, and the turn out of the double barrel rolls. The tree cover is really well done also.

There's a lot more I want to say, and I'm sure I will later when I have more time. I wish I had brought my cables so that I could upload my photos. I took a ton from as many angles as I could. I guess I'll get those posted on Sunday night.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1309 on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »
You should have said hello at lunch.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1310 on: August 09, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
^I wasn't at the lunch, it was a smaller dinner with various vendors, mainly Branson marketers and ticket sellers.

Another thing I should note is that the thematic elements of this ride are really well done. The whole stagecoach theme of the station looks like it is going to be pulled off really well, and I enjoy the depth they've put into the story and theme behind the ride.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 09, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »
Not to mention the Sam Elliot sound alike voice! Nice touch SDC!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »
Ohhhhh....A COASTER...THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE BUILDING!!  :D

Thanks for all the updates!

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 09, 2012, 09:43:44 PM »
I picked up a few extra special edition pathfinders today with the announcement stating all of the coasters facts, if anyone would like a copy email me and I'll gladly send you one!!  cryingdove32@yahoo.com
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »
Ohh Ohh pick me Pick me emmabugsmama! (and yes I really did email you!)

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 09, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
This is the first time I've been here in quite a while and I enjoyed looking at the discussions so far, but apart from "it will be accessed through Wilson's Farm", I haven't seen anything about where this thing is going to be located.  Apparently it doesn't involve the old waterboggan site as was speculated previously?
In His grip!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 09, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »
Boy!  You guys go nuts over any little thing that has an SDC stamp on it.  ;)  

Some things I heard in the "town meeting" before the press got the news and hasn't been mentioned here yet:  
1. Each train will seat 24 people.  
2. The minimum height requirement will be 48".  
3. The cars employ lap restraints, specially designed, and tested by RMC at their home base in Idaho.  They tested it with a child that just met the height requirement and a woman that weighed over 300 lbs, suspending them upside down, and they experienced no problems.  
4. Brad T. said there was something neat planned to go in close to the loading station but he wouldn't say what it was.

No, PastorDon, it doesn't.  The load station sits right where the old robber shack did, behind the Opera House, and the ride goes towards Hobo Jnct. and back.

"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 09, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
Oh wow! I like #3. It's awesome they took so many steps to ensure the riders' safety as well as making sure as large a range of sizes of people can ride. Awesomeness.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
Thanks to everybody for all the updates and pictures...This is going to be one amazing ride...I've already decided I'm going to buy a mug...even if it is only valid for that one season...heck...maybe I'll buy 2...Look forward to the additional information you have on this attraction Swoosh...
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1319 on: August 09, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
Here are photos from the construction site. 
http://midwestinfoguide.com/silver/outlawrun/08.09.12/

I'm still working on editing the photos from the announcement ceremony.
I'll try to get to them done tonight.

SWOOSH