Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722417 times)

IASTClone

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1185 on: August 03, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
I find it humorous and ironic how some are upset that a layout drawing with the features has been leaked; however the sharing of actual pictures of the ride have been condoned and encouraged since the first shovel of dirt was turned over.

Let's face it, 99% of the general public (including many that have visited the park this summer and saw the construction) knows nothing about this ride and will be amazed/excited/astonished at it's announcement next week.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:48:21 AM by IASTClone »

mammalone

« Reply #1186 on: August 03, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »
^Exactly! Couldn't agree more.

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 03, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
The reason people are upset is because Silver Dollar City wasn't showing us everything of the layout yet. We knew parts of it, but there were also parts we weren't supposed to see yet, thus the giant banner. That's what we learned from the artwork.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 03, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »
It's funny that I'm a fan of SDC, and I'm also a fan of Apple, and both treat announcements the same way: not until they can show off the real thing.

And of course, both have fans who speculate, rumors fly, and there are the inevitable leaks. Both know the leaks will happen, and even count on them to generate buzz.

I'd say in this case that if the test pages of the website hadn't been left unprotected by accident, someone would have had to do so on purpose.  ;)

apple, snapple,more than half of the components in their products are someone elses. the cameras in the Iphone are Sony. I could go one but I'll stop but man have some fell for that marketing strategy of theirs. They make good products but so do others.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 03, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
CLUE #2 IS AVAILABLE!!!! :D
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 03, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
http://sdctripplanning.com/clues/clue2.php All I can say is wow. Whatta ________!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 03, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
the view from the top looks pretty sweet...
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1192 on: August 03, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
I find it humorous and ironic how some are upset that a layout drawing with the features has been leaked; however the sharing of actual pictures of the ride have been condoned and encouraged since the first shovel of dirt was turned over.

Let's face it, 99% of the general public (including many that have visited the park this summer and saw the construction) knows nothing about this ride and will be amazed/excited/astonished at it's announcement next week.

Like I've said many times before, the reason I was disappointed in the leak was because it hurt the park's intentions of having a big reveal and media spectacle that would help their marketing efforts. The construction photos have been encouraged because they did actually play into the park's planning. And again like I've said, a lot more than 1% are seeing it thanks in part to us. In any case, it does put the FAN SITE in a bad light when we mess up things for the park.

But again, enough of that, we can move past it now.

I think the most interesting part of the new clue is the new domain it is being launched on. How long has sdctripplanning.com been around? Looks like a well done concept so far.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 03, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »
Shave I believe on the website ther is a trip planner button that you can make a list of what you want to see and to and also calculate how much gas is but I dont remember if the link changes or not.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »
Someone who is well known to the forum old-timers told me he has over a thousand photos that he can't share yet. A week from now, we'll get to enjoy a lot of photos from a lot of sources.  8)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 04, 2012, 01:51:26 AM »
I can say that the park is concerned about leaks to some degree.  Their concern mostly lies along the lines that people may postpone trips to the park until next year, thus hurting this year's attendance figures.  That could be a valid concern but not with the SDCFans Forum family since most of you get out to the park every chance you get regardless of what's going on.  But some of the information that has been posted here to "tease" you all has been reposted on the Facebook page, presumably reaching a wider audience that includes people who aren't as dedicated as you all, and that has raised flags with the PTB.  They're even disappointed that the name of the ride is now widely known.  It's still supposedly hush-hush here.

Anyway, after the 9th, I assume we'll be able to talk all we want.  In the meantime, there's not any of you that are postponing your trips to SDC until next year.  Right?
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 04, 2012, 06:02:06 AM »
Not me, Zephon. In fact, I am disappointed in myself that I have let some other things get in the way and I can't get to the park this year as often as I wanted to! Probably other SDCfans feel the same way too.  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 04, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »
Its been the heat that has kept us from going. My small family hates the extreame heat. Even 90's we tend to stay away......

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »

In the meantime, there's not any of you that are postponing your trips to SDC until next year.  Right?

I'm probably not the only one that made visits this year just to see the roller coaster construction. Had the construction not been visible or going on during the season.....we probably would have skipped this year.

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 04, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »

In the meantime, there's not any of you that are postponing your trips to SDC until next year.  Right?

I'm probably not the only one that made visits this year just to see the roller coaster construction. Had the construction not been visible or going on during the season.....we probably would have skipped this year.

Jay

this right here. only reason I renewed season passes was to see the construction in person. Otherwise we were sitting this year out ue our trip to Orlando in October. the first of three with a Cali trip thrown in the middle. And I'll cough up the passes for 2013 and after that if the additions start coming in a Dollywood pace.