Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 721997 times)

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1140 on: July 31, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »
I have a question.
Having now seen the layout (I know, I know, I googled it. I HAD to.) I was wondering how the train will go back under it. The way it looks to me, it would have to go under the second barrel roll. But...haven't those already been constructed?  ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1141 on: July 31, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
* Spoilers:

Since the train track is going through a curve at that point, the train track will probably cross under the coaster track at the end of the where the coaster track ends it's curve back towards the station. There will be good visuals of the rolls, but the train won't be going under them.

Dang, it's going to be a long 8 days with us trying to talk about this without throwing spoilers out there.

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 31, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »
Okay, that makes sense. I wondered if the train track was curving at that point. It has been too long since I have gone to the park and actually ridden the train for me to understand where the big banner was actually at.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 31, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
I didnt look at the website.... I am waiting for the 9th!!......will be a long week or so...

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 31, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
EDIT: Oops. I just realized I just facilitated a means by which people can view this.

Ummm... I'll just say, then, that I have seen the layout without meaning to.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:01:24 PM by Joy »

Coasterbill42

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 31, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »
I just saw the leaked layout, and while not the longest coaster by any means I think the length looks perfect.  We'll call this the "Batman-The Ride" of woodies :)  Seriously, I appreciate that there doesn't appear to be one inch of dead space.  If this were going to be a more traditional wooden coaster, I'd want it to be longer.  Since this is clearly not traditional by any means, I'm fine with the shorter but VERY sweet footprint! 

Very happy for SDC, and if this ride is as smooth as Texas Giant, it's going to be a huge hit with everyone!
Could you please shoot me that site via PM

thanks

Me as well.....

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 31, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
I don't think this is a spoiler, but be warned just in case.

What is "high speed low float"? Is that a fast and low negative-G drop?

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 31, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
I assumed it's simply a fancy description for an airtime element that's close to the ground.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1148 on: July 31, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
Well I am bummed for you guys that some one went and ruined Christmas - just be thankful they didn't ruin all of the surprises that the park has in store for the 9th.
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 31, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
What kind of surprises does the park have?? Past experiance??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 31, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
Well I am bummed for you guys that some one went and ruined Christmas

I was the kid who was always a notorious snoop before Christmas. This time, I had to snoop in Italian.  ;)

I doubt anyone saw anything they weren't either looking for, or aching to know.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 31, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »
^^Swoosh, Interested to hear what your impressions of the ride are at this point.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1152 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:58 PM »
Hmm, sounds like the park has started to contact sites about the issue and is getting people to take down the images. They won't get all of them, but they probably want to keep it as contained as possible for the GP's sake. Unfortunately, the GP isn't as shielded from the enthusiast world as they once were. Earlier today someone posted a link to this very thread on SDC's facebook and we got a big spike in traffic, and people have been posting the layout all over tumblr and faceboook as well.

I don't know what we can do about it, but do what you can to keep it on the down-low as much as possible I guess. I don't know what that means at this point either. I hope we weren't the source of the "outbreak" as it were, I don't see where else the link was posted originally. We'll probably have to make some formal rules about this for the future.

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 01, 2012, 12:00:49 AM »
As a relatively new member to these boards long time fan of SDC I admire you guys for trying to keep the integrity of this project and the park by not posting the layout. I'm  a member of a Disney world fan site that would've been all over this and posting it everywhere
Fire In The Hole!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1154 on: August 01, 2012, 12:11:21 AM »
^^Swoosh, Interested to hear what your impressions of the ride are at this point.

You'll have to wait until the 9th, sorry.  Like I said, there are more surprises in store, you will just have to be patient and wait like the park wanted you to in the first place.  I'm sorry, I'd love to spill the beans but I'm not the one footing the 10 mil dollar bill for this thing so I don't feel like I have the right... that and the fact that I have been sworn to secrecy -- well that is if I want to go see this thing up close on the 9th (and boy do I) -- honestly I am having trouble deciding if I am more excited to go to Disneyland on Friday to check out Carsland or getting to go on site to see this ride.  Man, first world problems are tough. ;)
SWOOSH