Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722812 times)

mammalone

Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1110 on: July 30, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Ah gotcha! Outlaw Run is going to be a great ride!

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 30, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »

If anyone would like to see the sight just type in [ADMIN EDIT: REMOVED] in google and open up the cached version of the website!

(admin edit: please don't try to hurt the park's PR efforts. - Shavethewhales)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:35:26 PM by shavethewhales »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1112 on: July 30, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »
Let's not spill all the beans just yet, most of us I think didn't see the layout so we're still in some suspense at least. The double barrel roll that they wanted to hide is already out there already though... Man, the web guys screwed up. I've been developing websites for years now, and it's just common sense that anything you put up on your server without protection will be accessed at some point.

I'm a little conflicted about the fact that this is turning out to be something like Wildfire 2.0 rather than the airtime-filled monster woodie I was hoping for, but you really can't complain with what we got.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 30, 2012, 04:32:52 PM »
Would anyone be willing to e-mail me the pictures? Im dying to see them! Wildfire01@juno.com
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 30, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
I have a feeling this was leaked on purpose to keep the buzz going.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1115 on: July 30, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
Please don't post the layout here or any methods to get it until the announcement. We are here to support the park's efforts, and no, they did not do this on purpose as evidenced by how fast they have yanked everything down.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 30, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
I dont want to see it. Not until the announcement anyway. I would love to peek but like christmas I like the suspense. Like I have said before I want to be BAMBOOZLED. Please dont take that away from me...
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mammalone

« Reply #1117 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
Thanks shave, was waiting for you to arrive. It wasn't up for for long...is there anyway they can get rid of the cached version or is it out there forever? Anyway, regardless they will have an awesome announcement next week and will get lots of media play.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 30, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
Ditto that. I'll say that for me the layout looks pretty underwhelming based it being an out and back with little length. At 68 mph, I would be willing to bet that ride time won't last much longer than TNT. With the layout art they highlighted seven or eight elements. I'm thrilled we're finally getting this at SDC, but I will admit that I was hoping for a little more tucked into the seclusion of the woods. Beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully, the ride itself will prove any neysayers wrong and become our fourth beloved coaster at SDC.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1119 on: July 30, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
^I think they've taken care of the cached site already by removing the photos, but this is 2012 and people know how to take screen shots. The secret is done for and within the next few hours the layout will be available to everyone.

I was a little late to this party, so I started trying to edit posts to do my part, but it spreads to the other boards too quickly and since someone was able to grab the photos anyway I guess it doesn't matter.

I know people will play it off as providing more 'buzz' but in the end I don't think it does them any favors to take away their control of the info. If they wanted anymore buzz they would have released more clues or teases themselves in a better way.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 30, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »
Out of respect for the park, I will not share the layout and element art.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1121 on: July 30, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
Sounds about like what I thought it would be, short and sweet with another big surprise element down in the valley.

They definitely went with the marketing angle on this one more than actually looking for something that would fill out the SDC experience, IMHO. You've got a coaster just on the other side of the train tracks that has 2-3 times the wait of any other ride of the park every day, but instead of building more family-accessible thrill rides they went and built another extreme thrill machine. Oh well, that doesn't hurt my feelings a bit  ;), but I think the most of the park patrons would have been better served with a GCII. Yet funnily enough, I'm sure this will bring in more people than the GCII would...

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 30, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »
Dang, it seems I'm late to the party. Excited to know that you are all pleased enough with what you saw even if it was short!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 30, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »
Yep, I'm late for this date, also.  But, I don't want to know any more about it until the announcement next week; gives me something to look forward to whilst I wait to make my next trip to the park.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 30, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
Just did some preliminary fishing around and the word is all over TPR as well, but I have not been able to find any record of pictures or screenshots that have been posted anywhere. Hopefully, if anyone like myself who happened to grab one while the site was still up will keep it under wraps and resist the temptation to share it with the world.

For SDC's sake, it sounds like they are as excited about next week as they have been about anything in years. I certainly hope they still have real news to share by then. This is big moment for them and for all the enjoyment they've given all of us, they deserve to enjoy this announcement. It will most certainly be one that puts SDC on the map.