Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722736 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #990 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
What are the beams that run from side to side on the lift? It almost looks like it's going to be enclosed.
Stairway

They go from one side to another over the track

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »
Wow, well I hadnt seen those yet ! :D :D :o

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 06, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »
Upon closer inspection, I'm on board with the prediction of a station fly through.

If you look at the shots of the station where the lift begins (near the lift motor), you'll notice a second opening next to the where the train will exit the station. You'll also see footers waiting for track underneath that opening. From the opposite side of the station where the train will enter, looking left to right, you can clearly see four openings in the side of the station. There's the main opening for the train entry loading/unloading, then you see a smaller opening for a possible fly through section. On the far right you see two openings for dual tracks leading into what will surely be a maintenance bay, which is fulling enclosed on the lift side of the station. In other words. There are four openings on one side of the station, and two on the other. This things just keeps getting better and better as more pieces fall into place.   

jrkstl

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »
I too think it appears to be a station fly-through...

I'm also very intrigued by the large beams lying accross the lift.  Could the entire lift hill be a tunnel?  That could be really cool!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 06, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
I don't really know if I would like it if the lift hill were a tunnel; that would take away all the awsome views while going up.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
I definitely don't think that is a flythough it is merely an opening so the ride operater can see out of the station in both directions. A flythough opening would have to be at least as big as the loading station opening to be big enough not to be dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:07:48 PM by SDC#1fan »
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 06, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
How does that explain the footers next to the beginning of the lift hill directly underneath the second opening? 

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 06, 2012, 03:35:01 PM »
How does that explain the footers next to the beginning of the lift hill directly underneath the second opening? 

It was said earlier that those were for the exit. that means the exit would go up and over the drop out of the station. I see them turning like the drop out of the stationlike a track is goingro run alongside it there. I Believe earlier pictures indicated footers on the other side the line up with that opening as well, so I guess there two exits and that seems a long way from the service bays for there to be some kind of shuttle there like Wildfire.

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:40 PM »
That dive is looking insane! I think this one might just beat out New Texas Giant. That's a great ride, but this is looking amazing! I can't wait to ride. No real speculation as to what's going on with the things over the lift or a fly through, but I'm VERY excited to ride this.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #999 on: July 06, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
I highly doubt there will be a station fly-through. For one thing, there's no point to it with this station setup. It's a GCII move, and it's usually done where it's highly visible to the people waiting in line for crowd interaction. I don't think the opening on the lifthill side is big enough to be a tunnel either, it looks more like a staff entrance or the exit. It would be nice if it were, since that would mean the layout is longer than I think it will be, but I don't see it happening.

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 06, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »
I'd have to agree with SDC#1fan Shave and Chittlins I do not think that there is any possible way of incorporating a fly through especially with that small of a window. Footers are there probably for the exit. If there was going to be a fly through the ride would have to cross the train tracks a few more times.

Also there will most likely not be a tunnel over the lift hill. If you look closely in the picture you can see that those boards are not far enough above the lift for the cars to go under. The boards are most likely there temporarily to keep the other boards that are going to soon be the rail along the side of the lift up.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:07:05 PM by cjfootball_89 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 06, 2012, 05:24:27 PM »
that picture shows them better and that's the side rails for the walkway along side the lift hill. They are laying on the rails and the posts are keeping them there.

mammalone

« Reply #1002 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
I was in the city this afternoon and got a great view from PK. The turn has taken more shape since the last set of pics and you can get a better sense of where it is heading and it is almost unbelievable to see. We are heading back in the morning. I'll try to snap some shots from the train.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 07, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Will this be a bit like buzz saw- new inversion on a wood coaster- SDC will share the cost with the builder- so both will have a show piece?

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 08, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »