Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722323 times)

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #975 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
No I was thinking more along the lines of a sit down as well but in the front they had maybe two horses that look like they are fleeing a murder scene (cannot ride these) and the side looks like its themed to be a stage coach. Kinda like thunderation has a smoke stack at the front. Sides look like a minecar/train

I would guess that they won't take up an entire car lengthy on horses, due to ride capacity, but I can see them doing some sort of theming on the front car. Sort of like how the front of Cheetah Hunt at Busch in Tampa looks like a Cheetah. Then again, it's all just a guess to me!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 04, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »
If my math is correct, just 35 or 36 days until the "official" announcement...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #977 on: July 05, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
Aug 9th is the announcement.
I'll be there to give live updates
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 05, 2012, 12:28:56 PM »
it will be interesting to find out all of the "details" of the ride............ :)

jrkstl

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 05, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Hello all.  Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just saw these recent pics on the ACE Heart of America Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10151884701990576.872593.125717780575&type=1

Very serious overbank, but not a zero g roll.

This ride just gets more and more interesting!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #980 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
LOL, the surprises keep coming. I don't know though, that track looks pretty much upside down to me. It's a close call, and I'm sure it will be an endless source of fanboy debates, but if it turns riders upside down then it's certainly something. I'll call it a cutback. This also raises the question of whether or not their will be any "true" inversions on this ride, or just debatable sections like this one.

Regardless, the first few elements of this ride are insane. It's just nothing but crazy angles all over the place now. I honestly can't think of any other coaster out there that's quite this twisted. I should also note that one of the RMC guys messaged me on another forum to assuage my fears that any of this could be rough. Apparently they've done their homework to make sure this ride is both crazy intense and smooth.  ;)

jrkstl

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 05, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking that a "cutback" would be a good description too.  From these photo angles, this looks to be the most inverted overbank on any ride that I've seen :)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 05, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »
I looks like an inversion but not a roll. It's like those curves  banked outwardly on an S&S el loco

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 05, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »
I'll call it a cutback. This also raises the question of whether or not their will be any "true" inversions on this ride, or just debatable sections like this one

If you look at the bents it looks like it might just fold under itself, coming back the same direction it came from. Maybe that's the cutback you are talking about.
If so that is a crazy move and one that will certainly be watched by other parks and coaster makers.
That would be exciting and something more to look forward to than just a loop.  Frankly going upside down is much less a thrill to me that overbanked flying turns.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 05, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
I'll call it a cutback. This also raises the question of whether or not their will be any "true" inversions on this ride, or just debatable sections like this one

If you look at the bents it looks like it might just fold under itself, coming back the same direction it came from. Maybe that's the cutback you are talking about.
If so that is a crazy move and one that will certainly be watched by other parks and coaster makers.

That "crazy move" would be a Crazy Ivan!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 05, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »
That "crazy move" would be a Crazy Ivan!
Yes it would. :o :o  I sure don't think I have seen it before on a coaster.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #986 on: July 05, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »

That would be exciting and something more to look forward to than just a loop.  Frankly going upside down is much less a thrill to me that overbanked flying turns.

Eh? That's not what I'm seeing, that sounds like you're talking about a dive loop or something. I was thinking more along the lines of this: http://rcdb.com/112.htm?p=629 but sort of in a more linear fashion.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 05, 2012, 09:34:15 PM »
Eh? That's not what I'm seeing, that sounds like you're talking about a dive loop or something
Sort of but I am looking at the close proximity to the train tracks, that limits the swoop.  It is an interesting build to watch.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 05, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
What are the beams that run from side to side on the lift? It almost looks like it's going to be enclosed.

There also appears to be a solid wall between the load stand and the area of what many think is the exit, sure that's not a fly though?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:49:45 PM by chittlins »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
What are the beams that run from side to side on the lift? It almost looks like it's going to be enclosed.
Stairway