Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 718099 times)

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #930 on: June 27, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
What I would give to be on that first train load! I'm getting so excited about this ride! :P
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #931 on: June 27, 2012, 05:46:16 PM »
1. Hobo Jct caboose still there.  Caboose that was behind old robbers shack was the one that got chopped up.

2. The new train carriages have arrived are being installed on the 2nd train.

3. Yes that's an inversion. It is now tracked. Photos tomorrow on MiG
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #932 on: June 27, 2012, 06:11:09 PM »
Wow, pretty sweet. I'm glad the hobo junction caboose is still there then, but that still sucks about the other caboose because it was historic as well. It was never really on display or anything, and I doubt it fit the time period, but they don't make em' like that anymore and I'm sure there are people who would have appreciated it. I'm sure it was dilapidated though.

So now what are the chances there will be more inversions? Seems like if they were able to work this one in so well in such an odd location the rest of the layout is probably full of them too. Personally I'm hoping for airtime hills instead...

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 27, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »
Wow, pretty sweet. I'm glad the hobo junction caboose is still there then, but that still sucks about the other caboose because it was historic as well. It was never really on display or anything, and I doubt it fit the time period, but they don't make em' like that anymore and I'm sure there are people who would have appreciated it. I'm sure it was dilapidated though.

So now what are the chances there will be more inversions? Seems like if they were able to work this one in so well in such an odd location the rest of the layout is probably full of them too. Personally I'm hoping for airtime hills instead...

Me too, Shave
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 27, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

Bazinga!  ;D

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 27, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »

Bazinga!  ;D

Anything else? After all we haven't seen over half the ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 28, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 28, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
swoosh, another great set of pics.. Lots of work has been done since i was there 2 weeks ago!,
wont be back until the 21st, should be alot more done by then!..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #938 on: June 28, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
The approach into the roll is incredible. I was remarking on how steep and tightly banked it was already back when I saw it earlier this month. Wish we could get a shot from the other side.

At least now we know it's going upside down...

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »
At least now we know it's going upside down...

(You know what they say about assuming, but) I would assume this will impact the ride restraints? I don't know that much about roller-coasters, but I would imagine you'll have more than a simple lap-bar restraint for this type of ride element?
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I also got confirmation that the announcement will be made on August 9th.
SWOOSH

sawblade5

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 28, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
I am hoping it's is a Lap Bar like the ones on Mr. Freeze http://www.rcdb.com/427.htm?p=21685 and not a Over the Shoulder Restraint. They use Lap Bars on the premier rides and the new Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter built this year on Iron Shark at Galveston Island Historic Pier: http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2012/06/galvestons-newest-thrill-iron-shark.html . I am thinking the restraints will probably be along the lines of what's being used on Iron Shark since Gerstlauer provided the trains for the New Texas Giant Project.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #942 on: June 28, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »
^Good point about the Gerstlauer trains on NTAG, since RMC has obviously taken cues from the other companies they've worked with surely the Gerstlauer trains are where they'd look first when coming up with their own design. Whether or not they use OTSR depends on a variety of factors that have nothing to do with actual safety though, including those damn insurance companies, clueless state officials, the park itself, etc... Oftentimes "safety theatre" is more important that actual safety requirements, but I'm sure they're smart enough now to really push for the lap-bar only design. I'm thankful that most firms are seeing the light and going that way now.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
Let's not forget, we're talking about the same lawyers who made the park turn the backwards carts around on TNT
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 28, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »
Early guesses on the height req. for this ride??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!