Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722601 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #915 on: June 26, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »
I heard it was chopped into pieces and removed.
I'd say it isn't coming back.
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 26, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
^^ Shave, I'm not talking peak season. Totally agree that attendance will more than likely be up across the board, but after the summer rush, the park attendance and almost all of the lines regress on most weekend visits. Just my opinion, but it makes for a much more enjoyable visit.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 26, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »
I loved the cabooses. Its like loosing a friend. RIP cabooses.  :'( :'( :'( It is truly a sad day indeed.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 26, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
I was thinking maybe they could move the caboose to another part of  the train journey but it could be so old it fell apart when they tried something like that.  Hopefully they'll come up with another one to stick somewhere on the train ride.
I'm Your Huckleberry

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 26, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »
they should have added the cabooses onto the trains! Anyone know if they were ever on the train?
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 26, 2012, 06:23:52 PM »
IF they wanted to save and relocate the caboose they can/will? should have?

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 26, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
They could have added it to the train wreck. They put one of the old cars down there so they could have added a caboose.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 26, 2012, 07:00:17 PM »
Funny thing, I actually saw a caboose on a freight train about a year ago on a track in Eastern Ark. So, I asked my logistics guru Brother and he said on occasion that they are used so that sensitive freight that has high probability of theft attempts (Nike Shoes) can be watched  24/7. He was in charge of the ATT distribution center at the launch of the Iphone. They had folks all over trying to steal shipments in route to the DC in Memphis. Even with gps tracking devices embedded, they lost one container full that was jacked in Mississippi at a truck stop, likely the driver was involved and out of the port of Miami before the FBI got there. Cuban Mafia were the likely culprits.

golfprowj

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
any chance that this coaster coould open sooner than we think?

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
I know that the main entrance to the new ride will be through Wilson's Farm, but does anyone think that it will connect to the FITH/Opera House side? Or it will be a dead end?
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #925 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
^It will be a dead end. They aren't going to add another crossing unless they absolutely have to. Besides, that area between FITH and the Opera House has a lot of back-stage kinda stuff.

^^No, the coaster will open in 2013. Perhaps a few lucky souls involved with the project will get to ride it this year, and maybe they'll have a commercial shoot on it in the fall, but I wouldn't look for any soft-openings this year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
agree with you shave.... 

along with the fact their is a service entrance betweem FITH and OH. They will not do away with that.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 27, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
Wouldnt be cool if they did allow a select few fans ride the new coaster at the end of the year/beginning of next year? Like held a contest, or raffle? Winner gets to ride new coaster, get first look of new area before anyone else. They could choose about 25 lucky winners.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 27, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »
^It will be a dead end. They aren't going to add another crossing unless they absolutely have to. Besides, that area between FITH and the Opera House has a lot of back-stage kinda stuff.

^^No, the coaster will open in 2013. Perhaps a few lucky souls involved with the project will get to ride it this year, and maybe they'll have a commercial shoot on it in the fall, but I wouldn't look for any soft-openings this year.

I still think you'll see a loop around to Grand exposition one day.  They'll conceal the train maintinence and relocate everything else. What would be neat is if they rebuilt the maintinance shed for the train as a roundhouse, now that would be old school theming.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 27, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
Wouldnt be cool if they did allow a select few fans ride the new coaster at the end of the year/beginning of next year? Like held a contest, or raffle? Winner gets to ride new coaster, get first look of new area before anyone else. They could choose about 25 lucky winners.

Better yet, they should all of us diehards on the forum!!  ;D