Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722056 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #855 on: June 17, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »
^True, but you've got to admit the structure really adds to the effect. This will be a long sweeping turn anyway, so the G's will be sustained for a good while. From what I can tell the overbank would be right up against the train tracks, and then it will drop out of that and continue curving down into the valley until it crosses over or under the base of the first drop.

As for the footers on that side of the station, I simply don't see how they could be for track. Yes, that is the maintenance bay side of the station, but there's no room for a switch track on that side. The only thing that makes sense is a walkway of some sort, potentially the exit, which would explain why it dips so much there.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »
Isn't that side of the station the maintenance bay? wouldn't th ose footers have something to do with that?
I was just thinking that...

If those footers that look set parallel to the track is actually from the matienance bay they would have somehow tied into the track before the lift hill. Here's a pic from the other side, lots more footer I guess it going to be a two way exit ramp.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #857 on: June 18, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
The Outlaw trademark has moved into the next stage and is now posted for opposition

There is another trademark that has shown up for Outlaw Run that was filed recently.  So we might get a variation of something with Outlaw in the name.
SWOOSH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 19, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
The maintenance bay would be accessed before the station only and then the trains would be backed up to be put back on the main track. Just my thoughts.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »
Really not any different than Powder Keg and Wildfire
SWOOSH

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 20, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
I took these on Monday.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #861 on: June 20, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »
Thanks Wildfire, great pics.

Looks like the top of the curve is not going to be nearly as steep as I had thought it might be, if the top of the bents are any indication. It looks like it actually starts out extremely pitched, but then levels out at the top... Very strange, it'll be hard to really know how it will work until it actually shapes up.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 20, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
Not much more progress from the Sunday photos I have.
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
Just a thought on the progress of the coaster, This is my theory on why construction has progressed at such a rapid rate.

RMC stated they had two projects for 2013. An Iron Horse Track project and a full Topper Track project. We know where the topper track project is going (SDC) but work on the Iron Horse project hasn't started anywhere. Could they be accellerating the schedule at SDC so they could get to the other project by say September, October?

Does anyone know if RMC has the ability to do more than one large construction project at a time?

Anyway, just a thought on the construction schedule.

J.ay

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »
I doubt that RMC actually has construction crews on staff. I would assume that they contract out to local contractors and merely do design and construction overview. I obviously don't know this for sure but that is my guess.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
Up until recently, all they did was build coasters for other manufactures. Their niche was construction, only until Texas Giant did they have any design credit.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #866 on: June 21, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
I haven't re-read the article that talked about their new facilities for awhile, but it sounded like they were definitely setting themselves up to work on multiple projects at once. I can't imagine all that goes into manufacturing the track. I have no idea how the construction end works. I don't understand how they could do all of the construction with their own staff if they're moving all over the country all the time. That'd have to be some dedicated staff.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »
GCII does it all the time.  Once the crew got done with Prowler they headed to Cali to build Terminator.  In fact some of the crew recognized me when I went out to SFMM the year it was built.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 22, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »
Right on time, just like I said it would be, the teaser campaign has started.

http://silverdollarcity2013.com
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #869 on: June 22, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
Very cool, and still very early. I can't believe there's still a whole 'nother year before I'll get to ride this thing. I wonder what they'll be doing for the different positions on the teaser campaign?