Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 718037 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #825 on: June 12, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »
Welcome Landy, and thanks for the video. Looks like they already put more track on the drop. If you know where to look, you can see the curved uplift right after the drop taking shape as well.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 12, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
It is going to be a beautiful coaster.  I will never never never never ride it.  lol!  I don't ride any coasters because they make me sick.  The nightmares about this one will start soon.  LOL!

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 12, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »
Thanks so much to the member who posted the video of the progress on the new roller coaster. It looks amazing!;D
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 12, 2012, 11:41:24 PM »
looks fantastic! I'm psyched!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 13, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
Trying to do frame by frame of the video, it looks like the the apex of the drop is slightly higher than the top of the lifthill and the dip between the two is used to gather enough momentum climb that extra height and would really give the riders in the back big time air.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #830 on: June 13, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »
I imagine that's an optical allusion
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 13, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »
I imagine that's an optical allusion

Either way is is nearly equal and a full broadside makes it appear ago be a bigger dip than the common angle we see with the train pics.

IASTClone

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 14, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
"« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it for what it is worth, but I was told about this project by a SDC employee a little over a month ago.  He made it sound as if this WILL NOT be any small coaster, nor will it be tame and for everyone.  Mentioned the possibilty of a record setting drop angle.

Like I said, take it for what it is worth"

Starting to look like my source was reliable.   ;D

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 14, 2012, 12:42:55 PM »
Oh I am sure this will be one rather intense ride! Ejector airtime anyone? I get the feeling that first drop will be similar to Wildfire in that your backside wont be in your seat till you hit bottom! Ill be there in a couple weeks can't wait to take another look! :)
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 14, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
"« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it for what it is worth, but I was told about this project by a SDC employee a little over a month ago.  He made it sound as if this WILL NOT be any small coaster, nor will it be tame and for everyone.  Mentioned the possibilty of a record setting drop angle.

Like I said, take it for what it is worth"

Starting to look like my source was reliable.   ;D

This only enforces my belief that SDC should add a couple of family coasters like the ones we have thrown on the wall in the idea thread. Fact is that the communities around SDC are growing and slowly but surely the park will become a busier place everyday of the week.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 14, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »
Would love to eventually see something that feels like a hybrid between TNT, FITH and MM@ Dollywood. Maybe something in the way of the old Icehouse concept could work.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 14, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »
Hey everybody!! Now that summer is here and life is slowing down a little bit at the moment, I finally got to check in at my favorite forums!!

Wow, I cannot wait to make it to the park next season. This coaster is looking like a monster, and exactly the type of ride we've been wanting for the past few years. I also like the fact that SDC hasn't released any information about it yet, and I love how I don't know what is going on back there in those woods. I hope not to find out until I ride it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
Hey all,

New here, just discovered the forum last month.  Interesting place, nice to know I'm not the only SDC nut.  :) 

I hit the park on Monday and shot some video of the new roller coaster from the train and thought you guys might like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FOy7YFRRCU&feature=youtu.be

-Landy
YES!!!!!! The 81 degree drop!!!! Great video and thanks!!! Wait did some one say 160ft drop?
^I don't think anyone's really looking for that to happen, though it's still technically possible. I think the inversions that were mentioned in the article are only available on the I-box track setup. Who knows though, I'm just not expecting it for this ride.

Had another great day at the city and rode the train twice again to look at the ride. I never did spot the tunnel, but this is what I've put together for the ride layout so far: You dip out of the station a tiny bit and then immediately hit the lift hill. At the top of the lift you take a sharp dip to the left and then plummet over a rolling, 81 degree, 160ft drop into the valley. The track lifts out of the drop into an extreme overbanked turn that rises towards the train tracks and then plummets back into the valley back towards the base of the drop, a full 270 degrees. I wasn't able to follow the footers farther than that, but perhaps the tunnel is down there past the drop, or perhaps there is more clearing and footer work to be done down there. In any case, it looks like the track will turn around down there and head back up past the drop again, because we know it passes through the lift hill. After passing through the lift hill, it looks like it will dive into that smaller valley immediately below the station and then curve up around until it finally crosses the train tracks again and into the station.

Oh yeah, I was wrong last night when I said there was only one bay for maintenance. There's clearly space for two in fact, so they'll be able to run three trains I'm sure. They'll need all of them going next year.

Photos will be up shortly.
Wouldn't that make the ride have the tallest drop in SDC? Wildfire I want to say is 155 ft drop.  Now the only question is Inversion or no Inversion.
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »
Oh and is it The Outlaw or U Smell Smoke?
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 15, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
The trademark was filed for "The Outlaw"