Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722569 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »
the question is how fast will it go?

I'd guess mid 60s
SWOOSH

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 07, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
We can hope
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #782 on: June 07, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »
The faster the better!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 07, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
I appreciate everybody who has given us info on this new coaster and who have posted pictures....keep the info coming for this ol' Colorado boy who won't be able to make it to our beloved SDC this year...
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 08, 2012, 07:44:36 AM »
JOSH!! :'( :'(!!

i was just getting ready to give a yell and see when you coming over...

Hope all is well for you and yours..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #785 on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
From the SDC thread on TPR, it sounds like the drop is definitely turning out to be 81 degrees after all. What's more, it looks like there will also be a tunnel as well.

There's no doubt about it now: this coaster is going to be on the top-10 lists.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 08, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
will be interesting to see where the tunnel goes, since we haven't seen any prep work for it yet.. ??? ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #787 on: June 08, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
Just because no one has photographed prep work for it doesn't mean that it hasn't been done.  There is a lot that cannot be seen from the train
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 08, 2012, 06:06:17 PM »
I would daresay that no prep work has been done yet, IF there is actually a tunnel...  They would add/build it after the track support and track is set into place.

SuperBuckalew

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 08, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
I was the person who posted about the 81 degree drop and the tunnel on Theme Park Review. Sanddunerider, your comment doesn't make much sense as the majority of this ride is being built back in the woods. To assume that you would see prep work is just ridiculous since the ride is mostly hidden by trees. I was riding the train and just so happened to see through the trees that there was a very apparent curvy concrete tunnel. I would assume that you would only be able to see a concrete tunnel when a concrete tunnel is being built, there wouldn't be much prep work to see through a mass of trees. And your statement about adding a tunnel after the "track support and track" has been built, is completely false. If i'm not mistaken, most if not all wooden coasters are built through an already built tunnel. So you are just wrong.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 08, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
I was the person who posted about the 81 degree drop and the tunnel on Theme Park Review. Sanddunerider, your comment doesn't make much sense as the majority of this ride is being built back in the woods. To assume that you would see prep work is just ridiculous since the ride is mostly hidden by trees. I was riding the train and just so happened to see through the trees that there was a very apparent curvy concrete tunnel. I would assume that you would only be able to see a concrete tunnel when a concrete tunnel is being built, there wouldn't be much prep work to see through a mass of trees. And your statement about adding a tunnel after the "track support and track" has been built, is completely false. If i'm not mistaken, most if not all wooden coasters are built through an already built tunnel. So you are just wrong.

Hmmm??  well i could be wrong,  Wouldn't be the 1st time this week. ::) ::)

Hello, my name is sanddunerider and I am wrong!! 

Sure glad that is all cleared up!!!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 08, 2012, 09:23:23 PM »
Can I join your club?

Hi my name is MissinTheGreenTrams and today I was wrong.

Oh it feels so good to have a support group!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #792 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »
Thanks for the update SuperBuckalew, we appreciate any and all updates we can get.

We might have been under the assumption that because so much was being done on the station/lift that they weren't doing much down the course. Sounds like a LOT has been going on down there already after all, and we many not even see a lot of it until the ride opens.

I didn't get to the park today, but I'll be sure to report tomorrow night what I see tomorrow.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 08, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
Here's how I see this, it gets ready in time for OTC. As incentive, those who purchase their 2013 passes get to ride as a special preview and they give hints in the queue for the next park addition.  ;D ain't happening but they are throwing it up so quick. I really hope they landscape the tunnel well as to where it actually looks like a real cave where an outlaw would hole up at.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:29:58 AM by chittlins »

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
« Reply #794 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:55 PM »
I would just like to say hi... I"m a noob. I am an urban explorer & was doing research on why the Water Boggen wasn't there anymore & about Jim Owens float trip. I happened upon this forum & I have been sitting here for hours reading page after page after page. Totally geeked out on all of this! Oh & Im a total SDC fan too....have been attending almost every other year since the early 80's
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!