Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 718013 times)

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #720 on: May 21, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
Awesome pics!  Probably not a good idea on powderkeg, however you get a much better perspective of the size from there.  No insider knowlege here, but I have this feeling that as fast as this is progressing, this is not just going to be an expansion of wilsons farm, but a whole new area.  If they finish the coaster by say September, they would have several months to build more shops etc before next season.  With the amount of potential real estate available, they could add more flat rides in coming years too.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 21, 2012, 07:01:23 AM »
Awesome pics!  Probably not a good idea on powderkeg, however you get a much better perspective of the size from there.  No insider knowlege here, but I have this feeling that as fast as this is progressing, this is not just going to be an expansion of wilsons farm, but a whole new area.  If they finish the coaster by say September, they would have several months to build more shops etc before next season.  With the amount of potential real estate available, they could add more flat rides in coming years too.

I got a couple of issues with Wilson Farm. Most barns in the Ozarks weren't painted red. The giant swing rocks, the props rock, that shade of red stinks.

High Low Silos, I get the idea of pulling yourself up bit the kids want something like the thing at Celebration City. I understand the area was designed while CC was open and it made sense to not replicate rides but...................times have changes. Wilsons Farm is like Half Dollar Holler, it's a kiddie flat ride away from feeling somewhat complete and the frog race thing needs scraped and where's the farmyard petting zoo.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:12 AM »
Oh. You shouldn't take photos from rides.  The train is all right but taking it on the coasters is a huge no-no.  Please refrain from now on.

He likely used something similar to what we hunter use to film POV action on the deer stand and in the duck blind.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 21, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
I never thought about the color of that barn before, Chitlins, but you are right!  I usually avoid that area because it just doesn't interest me.  The giant swing is very cool, but a rustic red or grey would be so much cooler!  The frog race was okay the first few years, but the last few times I tried it, it was broken. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #724 on: May 21, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
Oh. You shouldn't take photos from rides.  The train is all right but taking it on the coasters is a huge no-no.  Please refrain from now on.

He likely used something similar to what we hunter use to film POV action on the deer stand and in the duck blind.

Doesn't matter what he used, he still took photos from a ride which is against the rules no matter how you slice it.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 21, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
nice pics mh, thanks!.. Pretty handy having that type of camera....  Maybe if How-do makes it, he will use his helmet cam.... ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #726 on: May 21, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »

With this name, it certainly doesn't look like an extension of the barnyard theme, but I don't think it will be quite a new area in itself. It'll be more like a stub that may or may not be expanded eventually. I think Swoosh mentioned there will be another eatery vendor of some kind (probably just a stall like in the barnyard) and maybe a smaller cart or something, but there won't be any new brick-and-mortar shops.

Right now I just want to figure out how far back in the woods this is going.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 21, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:34:18 PM by BackInTime9 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 21, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

Doesn't matter what he used, he still took photos from a ride which is against the rules no matter how you slice it.

Oh well.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 21, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
You're probably right shave.  I just find it strange they are getting along so fast if it is just going to be a coaster.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 21, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

Yeah, it's like Swoosh is role playing as a hall monitor ;D

If your not endangering anyone,  swing for the fences. Modern tech is making keeping things hush hush or tightly controlled impossible.

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »
It's really amazing to see how far along this baby has come since I checked on here last a few weeks ago. It's looking big! I'm getting really excited to ride...I rode Texas Giant for the first time a week ago, and...wow. This company knows what they're doing. ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 21, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
Pretty great shots, though. Just be careful folks...don't want anyone getting in trouble. Let's all have a fun and safe play day at SDC. ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 21, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
High Low Silos, I get the idea of pulling yourself up bit the kids want something like the thing at Celebration City.

My kids love the High Low Silos...and it is a great workout for the arms...
Colorado SDC Fan

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:34 PM »
High Low Silos, I get the idea of pulling yourself up bit the kids want something like the thing at Celebration City.

My kids love the High Low Silos...and it is a great workout for the arms...

One loves it, the other three call it boring. Put in a drop tower and everyone is happy. I want SDC to have of all and be THE park in Middle America