Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722454 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #675 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »
We will have to continue to guess on a name until the official ride announcement is made this fall.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #676 on: May 15, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
^I think the copyright filings pretty much confirm the name for us, but it's fun to look at what could have been.

I think you guys are just making me glad they went with the name they did though, lol.  ;)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »
Can't imagine how much work they might have done by now. Other than the couple of pics Junior shared several days ago, we really haven't seen much to give us any real perspective on the latest progress.

I've said it before, but again, this is where I think HFEC and SDC are missing the mark. There should already be a page devoted to the construction and ongoing marketing of this ride.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »
Noooo! I like the suspense and playing spy! I like the guessing and speculation. I dont want to know anyting as of yet. Its not time to know anything yet. We know whats happening. It is no secret. So no we dont need a page dedicated to the ride. We have one here.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 15, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
True to some degree and I guess this subject like so many are totally subjective. I'm just insanely impatient and don't like having to wait for weeks to see what's changed. Part of that comes from living so far away from the park. If I were close, I would be there every chance I could to take a peek. Just seems odd that many other parks don't shy away from keeping their fans in the loop on the progress of new projects. I certainly understand and appreciate the value of teasers, but as you pointed out, we already know what's going on, so why not have someone from the park providing construction updates to keep plugging the ride? If I'm not mistaken, Dollywood did it with Wild Eagle. Not sure how frequently, but I do recall seeing a video with one of the lead project people offering some behind the scenes updates and info about the ride. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 15, 2012, 12:02:04 PM »
Can't imagine how much work they might have done by now. Other than the couple of pics Junior shared several days ago, we really haven't seen much to give us any real perspective on the latest progress.

I've said it before, but again, this is where I think HFEC and SDC are missing the mark. There should already be a page devoted to the construction and ongoing marketing of this ride.

Good idea, backintime, but remember out of the 100's of thousands of guests SDC has every year,,, We are the Elite "crazy" group of 5-600 that try to follow the day to day happenings....... 

BUT last year they did give us updates on HDH!, however it was off season and the city was closed... sooo.......

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 15, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
True. I touched based with a contact at SDC this morning and learned the official press conference will take place in August. Obviously, we've known for some time we would hear more sometime this summer, but at least this is a little more definitive.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #682 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
I think Swoosh mentioned that he heard a teaser campaign may begin during Kidsfest.

It's barely even summer yet. The thing about Wild Eagle's teaser campaign was that the ride was actually being built that off-season for the very next season. Like I mentioned before, if they started teasing the ride now people would think it was for this summer. Look at most of the Six Flag's parks: most of their new rides for THIS YEAR are still half way through construction.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 15, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
I understand the timing, it's just very weird to have something major going on in the park, yet outside of a vague mention during the train ride, there's zero acknowledgement of the project's existence from the powers that be.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #684 on: May 15, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
^^ Late Kidsfest is what I heard.  I hope sooner, but I I too heard a late August announcement of the project.  Plan on going down this weekend for photos.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 15, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »

It's barely even summer yet.

LOL!!!  that right..!  the city has only been open for 61 days this year,,

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 15, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
I really like The Baldknobber and The Scarecrow.  The theming for these two names would be endless, plus the ideas for apparel like t-shirts would be pretty interesting.

They can still do t-shirts: "I fought the "Out"Law and the "Out"Law won!"
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #687 on: May 16, 2012, 11:54:56 PM »
Heard the hill has been topped and first drop is being worked on now.  Also sounds like the bridge between the station and lift has been built.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 17, 2012, 06:17:13 AM »
Seems like they are really moving along at top speed with this project.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2012, 07:46:18 AM »
Can't wait to see this with my own two eyes Sunday.