Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 721769 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #645 on: May 13, 2012, 09:15:09 AM »
How 'bout "Revenge of the Bolin Brothers?" or "The Baldknobber" or "This is where the 1st Robber's Shack was but they tore it down and now this rollercoaster is here?" Maybe "Hobo Junction Express."

I like the last one :)
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
If you think about it, it's a departure for SDC

Fire in the Hole
Thunderation
Wildfire
PowderKeg

All  have a Fire or Boom element to their name

I am in agreement with chittlins on the name decison..
Big coasters are  all themed named after fire and explosions..... sooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  why would the vary from that? ???

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 13, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »
True be told I will critique the name they gave as generic but will hold off on making any judgement on the coaster until it gets here.
The wild boar does sound like a crazy idea that could be a lot of fun! 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #648 on: May 13, 2012, 03:29:20 PM »
The Boar or Wild Boar

That is a fun idea!

Already been used at Canada's Wonderland
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #649 on: May 13, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »
I've gotten used to the generic names at SDC at this point. It's kind of sad since they used to be at least somewhat more imaginative, but with the right theming it doesn't really matter. If I don't see some baldknobber or bowlin brother theming though, I will be severely disappointed.

Anyone planning on going anytime soon to get updated photos? Sounds like the drop could be starting.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »
I've gotten used to the generic names at SDC at this point. It's kind of sad since they used to be at least somewhat more imaginative, but with the right theming it doesn't really matter. If I don't see some baldknobber or bowlin brother theming though, I will be severely disappointed.

Anyone planning on going anytime soon to get updated photos? Sounds like the drop could be starting.

We'll be there next weekend- I'll try to get some photos.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 13, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »
be there in 2weeks..

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »
I like Junior's idea with "The Baldknobber". Too bad Outlaw has already been almost confirmed.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
 Who cares what that Canucks name their stuff, that's a foriegn country.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2012, 08:52:59 PM »
Nobody would "get it" if it were called the Baldknobber. They're going for broad appeal here - something people will hear and realize that it must be a big bad coaster. It think it's a little lame that they chose the same name as another wood coaster in the same state though. They could have chosen a derivative such as bandit, or expanded the name with an adjective or something so it would be the ____ Outlaw.

I'm just wondering what the status is on that tunnel/flythrough that was mentioned in the bull concept.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
Already a coaster named The Bandit as well. Honestly, the name means very little. You could call it "The World's Worst Roller Coaster" and people would still ride it. They will do plenty to promote it and with social media the way it is, there's no way it won't get it's due...if it's deserving.

Never imagined so many people would get so worked up over a ride name. And it's not like it's a bad one either. You want vanilla for a new coaster name? Look no further than Wild Eagle and Dollywood. And by all accounts, it sounds like it's a great ride. So who gives a rip about what it's called?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:06:12 PM by BackInTime9 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
It's a woody and in a little nod to an old long gone park, it could have been The Brain Rattler.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 13, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

The Boar or Wild Boar

That is a fun idea!

Already been used at Canada's Wonderland

True, but at least that's more that 800 miles and a country's boarder away........
As I said, it will be a fun ride, I do hope they have something in store for us that will set it apart from
other woodies.  Tunnels are nice as well as the overbanks, I am looking forward to surveying the progress next Sunday.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 13, 2012, 10:46:44 PM »
It think it's a little lame that they chose the same name as another wood coaster in the same state though. They could have chosen a derivative such as bandit, or expanded the name with an adjective or something so it would be the ____ Outlaw.

Isn't Adventureland in Iowa?

Also there are a bunch of coasters that share the same name. it will all be fine.

Jay

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 14, 2012, 04:42:07 AM »
Already a coaster named The Bandit as well. Honestly, the name means very little. You could call it "The World's Worst Roller Coaster" and people would still ride it. They will do plenty to promote it and with social media the way it is, there's no way it won't get it's due...if it's deserving.

Never imagined so many people would get so worked up over a ride name. And it's not like it's a bad one either. You want vanilla for a new coaster name? Look no further than Wild Eagle and Dollywood. And by all accounts, it sounds like it's a great ride. So who gives a rip about what it's called?
Amen!
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!