Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722573 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
^Ah yes, that's still a point up for debate: will they throw inversions into this "wood" coaster? They have the technology to do so and I know RMC will be itching to show it off, but having inversions on rides actually decreases the population of people who would want to ride it because a lot of people simply don't like going upside down. However, the marketing aspects would be huge.

I think SDC will stay away from the inversions with this coaster since they already have a big looper. It would be more diverse to have a nice big non-looping thrill coaster and it would probably be more timeless.

As for some of the other possibilities mentioned earlier, I think we can rule out the idea that they might add a train station in this area. The forms in place now are not close enough to the track to be a station, and even in the long run I just don't see it working out logistically to have a station near here. This will probably be as far back as they develop the park in this direction for a looooong time at the very least. I would expect them to fill up the rest of the old employee lot and the maintenance area before expanding any farther in this corner of the park, if they even need to use those areas. SDC isn't going to get all that much bigger in terms of land area used.

I also don't see it running back along the other side of the lake. It just wouldn't make sense considering the land area that they have. Splash Harbor was removed because they apparently did not want to fix it up/possible ADA issues/replacement with the new splash battle.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »
Food for thought...and continued wishing/speculation.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »
Wow, that is one huge, and long ride you have come up with! Especially when you compare it to Powderkeg below. :P

It is fun to put together the bits, and pieces of information we have, and see how close to the real coaster we can get.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »
If you think about it though, it doesn't take too long at all to get that far back on the train going about five mph. Imagine an out and back coaster moving 60+. Wouldn't take long at all. PK, like many other coasters just utilizes a much more compact footprint with a decent amount of track length sandwiched within it. That's much easier to do with steel coaster than a woodie. If they give us a coaster that lasts about three minutes, it would be oh so sweet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:26:08 PM by BackInTime9 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
It's hard to get an accurate scale drawing in paint.

I like the layout though - that's exactly the type of ride I hope to see here with the tunnels, out and back section, and helix. It would be interesting if the biggest drop came halfway through the ride like Zingo did.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »
Shave, that's definitely what I had in mind with the drawing. Maybe something comparable to WF for the first drop, then a record-breaking drop about halfway through. Love the idea of the ride not "showing it's hand." If it's spread out and concealed enough by the woods, I could envision up to 75% of the ride not being visible from any vantage point other than the top of the existing hills on PK or WF.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
You guys are so cute with all your speculations and fan boy art done in MSPaint.

A lot of you are over thinking this. Just because they (RMC) can doesn't mean they will
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
You guys are so cute with all your speculations and fan boy art done in MSPaint.

A lot of you are over thinking this. Just because they (RMC) can doesn't mean they will

#1 I know I am " cute "
#2 Dreaming and speculation are half the fun..........

You should join us.   lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:16:42 PM by mhguy77 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2012, 08:32:45 PM »
^^Lol, you're one to talk about speculation, once upon a time you'd be right here with us.  ;)

It's all fun though, I enjoy making early guesses and seeing how close I can predict what happens with these rides, especially the coasters. No one's saying they will, the point is what they could do.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
Exactly. And for the record, I used Photoshop. Crude I know, but I don't use it often enough to be proficient with it. What's up with rainin' on the parade, Swoosh? Like Shave pointed out, these are all mere "what ifs" not necessary realistic guesses for what's actually going to wind up in the space. Nobody has a clue. But hey, we gotta pass the time someway until those plans are unveiled, right?  ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2012, 11:24:44 PM »
The day we all stop speculating is the day Silver Dollar City ought to close their doors cause we must have all gone crazy! ;D

Keep it up BackinTime9! The more tidbits of information we get the closer your designs to the real coaster will be. Just watch out because my Flickr page all started because I wanted to "pass the time" one afternoon. :P

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
speculating is all in good fun. enough with the elitism

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »
Someone will touch on the truth even if we don't know it till the end.
Investigating a new project and keeping up with it is a lot of fun.
It would be tempting to know what they are planning but if I did it would be like knowing whats in the gift box under Christmas tree early in December.
It just takes the magic out of it.
I would rather sit around here with you guys shaking weighting and measuring the gift boxes speculating on whats inside.
THATS what makes it fun!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #298 on: March 02, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
Annnnnnyway, back on the topic of speculation, anyone know what the difference is between steel wheels and normal wheels? I was thinking there might be some implications of high speeds there. I'm also thinking about the new trains. The fact that they are debuting new trains with expanded capabilities may also imply that this coaster will have some crazy elements.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #299 on: March 02, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »
Nobody has a clue.

Nobody?

Also are we allowed to say "I told you so" yet to the ones that were all gloom and doom saying there would be no construction this off season. Myself and I think Zephon tried to tell you there would be.

I'll leave you with this, if you know where to look you can more info on the project, mind you, you'd have to know what you were looking at to get anything out of it.  I don't want to ruin the speculation game for most of you so I'll leave it that for now, but it is on tthe web.
SWOOSH