Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 718041 times)

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »
Oh, it is VERY nice to see SDC getting a new winner (hopefully)!! Especially a woodie, definitely a nice fit.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
Are there any new pictures of what is going on at our beloved SDC? Any new news on the upcoming coaster? I'm having construction rumor withdrawals.
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2012, 10:54:02 PM »
I'm having withdrawals too. The most exciting thing that's happened around here in a while is FC's new water fortress. It's been a while since we had something truly worth getting excited over at SDC, so you can see why I write a novel analyzing every little development. ;)

It won't be long till we can get regular updates from everyone that visits. I'm almost more excited about getting to watch it be built over the next season more than I am about actually riding the thing in 2013.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
maybe zephon can gety us some current pics?? ???

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
Yes, a few updated pics, please. Surely some additional work has been done by now. With the proximity of the tracks to this new project, it should be interesting to see how much construction progress can be followed by simply hopping aboard the train. This doesn't seem like the type of ride a fence is going to be able to conceal.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
^Not necessarily. They probably have cleared more, but they won't draw out construction for the fun of it. It costs to keep a crew working, so I'm sure they'll keep their schedule as tight as possible, maybe starting work in late summer and wrapping up most of the major work in late fall like they did with Wild Eagle.

It's probably not easy for Zephon to obtain or post photos, so please don't expect him to do so. We'll hopefully have new photos in a few weeks. Just imagine a pile of dirt slightly larger than what we saw last time until then.  ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
I dont know it the train will be running on sunday the 25th,

BUT if it is, I will be on it with a camera to try to get pics of progress//

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2012, 08:17:04 PM »
^^Totally agree. And no expectations whatsoever. Grateful for whatever Zephon, or any other member can share. As several have already said, we'll have plenty of eyes on things before too long.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
To be honest, I have not seen but like two shows on the strip. Growing up we spent all day at SDC and the hotel ALWAYS had a pool. When I was old enough to be left to my own devices my parentals would go see a show and leave my brother and I to swim. Fun memories!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
To be honest, I have not seen but like two shows on the strip. Growing up we spent all day at SDC and the hotel ALWAYS had a pool. When I was old enough to be left to my own devices my parentals would go see a show and leave my brother and I to swim. Fun memories!

Ha! I'm 18 and my sister is 16 and my mom still doesn't trust us at the pool by ourselves lol
She says she knows we can swim, but we'll find someway to get get into trouble, and she's probably right lol
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
Hahahahaha!! That is funny! I had a tattle tale brother and would rat on me for even the littlest things. If a young man said Hi to me they would know. He still tattles on me to this day and I am married have a kid and my own place. :)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
Anyone else dying to see what more has been done, "Down on the farm"?  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »
I'm very interested to see if they went ahead and got everything cleared out before the season begins. If they did, then we can really start talking about layouts.

I could see them doing all the heavy clearing now, then waiting till late summer to start vertical construction. It depends on which contractors are doing what I guess. They could even start on the station first and get a lot of that done before even starting on the coaster if there's a different contractor for the station structure.

I'm sure there will be a large construction fence on both sides of the tracks this year. Usually they just put up chain link and then throw burlap over it.

What are people's guesses for the name/theme? Think they'll stick with The Bull concept, or was that just a concept pitch. I'd like to think it was just a pitch - they've never used the names from the concept pitches for actual attractions before. I do think it will be a continuation of the Farm theme though... I just can't think of a name/theme that goes with that without being tacky.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
Teasers:
Forms for concrete piers that will be distributed who knows where.

Forming up footers where the old train robbers shack was.  The hill has been shaved down a bit more even since this picture was taken a week ago.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »
Very interesting, they are much farther ahead than I had thought. As a up-and-coming Civil Engineer I'm highly interested in how they're forming those concrete piers. Unfortunately I don't really start getting into design until next year so I don't really know much about what they're doing yet.

You can see a little bit of the path clearing in the woods in the second photo. Looks like they're going off towards Hobo Junction... hope they don't go too close.