Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 717923 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »
has anybody heard what new shows might be appearing next year? Are we going to see a new show for the Saloon? How about a new GAC show? I look forward to hearing all that is going to be new for the 2012 season.
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »
Has anybody that has been to the park lately noticed any new markers behind the swing or along the railroad tracks? Didn't know if maybe something has been done for a possible 2013 coaster.
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
Finally split this topic off, since it looks official that there's nothing coming for 2012.

I might be at the park on black friday, so I'll be sure to grab some shots of the markers and post them by then if no one else has.

In other news, IAAPA is coming up and GCII (the makers of HFEC's wooden coasters) is hinting that they have some projects to announce. I don't know that SDC would let them announce the entire project, but they usually say things like "we have 2 projects in North America this year" or something like that, and the enthusiasts like myself are usually able to narrow it down from there. With construction potentially starting so soon, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something out of them.

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
sounds interesting shave, thanks for the info.

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
I am all for them improving the festivals, bringing in new blood, new ideas. Seeing the Silver Dollar City Times 2 weeks ago shows me they really are working on making the festivals better. That is something my husband and I appreciate very much. I am a rider but my hubby can't ride the bigger rides so when it's the two of us we do a lot of shopping and listening to the many show choices. I really hope they continue to keep the familiar groups/bands that we all have come to associate with our favorite place but the addition of fresh faces is welcome. The last thing we want to happen is to become bored with the same festivals and daily acts year after year. Glad they addressing this concern.
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
yes, all the changes for next year sound very promising and some are WAY past due!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »
Call it wishful thinking, or reading between the lines, but I just returned from a two-day trip to The City and thought I would share what I thought was an interesting little tidbit. While standing next in line in the Powder Keg station Friday night, I got the attention of one of the operators and quietly, but point blank asked him, "So, have you heard any news about a new coaster coming to the park in 2013?" He paused for a second, and with a clear smirk on his face (as if to say, you're not supposed to know that) he quietly replied, "I don't know anything."  ;)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »
The anticipation, and speculation shall build!  ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
The anticipation, and speculation shall build!  ;)

AS it does year after year!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 12:42:05 AM »
So this weekend I finally got to see these markers for myself, and my interest is definitely piqued. I didn't spot all that many markers, just a couple of little purple flags and a couple of stakes with orange ribbon on them. One of the stakes is right by the left hand side of the tracks so close it's almost within reach of the passengers, and the other is in the tree line on the far side of the cabin from TGS. The purple flag I saw is also in that tree line, and I saw the remnants of another purple flag near the tracks. They're very hard to spot, so I didn't get any photos. I assume most of the markers are down in the valley or farther back behind the cabin where we can't see. Once the train comes out of the tunnel you've only got a few seconds to look back and to the right to see them, and you have to look close.

Anyway, the purple flags are usually used to indicate reclaimed water lines. I don't know what that could mean, but maybe they have a culvert or something close underground that needs to be moved. If they were pink, that would mean they were just temporary survey markings, but I think these were definitely purple.

The stakes however are obviously more permanent, which I would like to think points to something larger going on here than just working on a water line. I would think you'd only drive a stake marker if you've got a big project where your markings have to stay resilient for a long time...

It'll be interesting to see if they use this off season to do anything like move power/water utilities around this area in preparation for whatever is coming.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
Just talked to my husband who used to survey and while he did not use purple flag ribbon he did say that when he would tie ribbon to a stake it helps them see those stakes for taverse points. He also said if someone wanted to sell or somehow alter the land again they would have to go out and measure the land with the ribbon stakes and he would tie ribbon into the tree to help find a previous stake. now with the information from the last two posts you just read.......ready..........set............SPECULATE!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
Great eagle eyes shave! :o

I know nothing about survey stakes. I simply know that they mean something is being built, or routed, or torn down. One thing is for sure, something is definitely going on around the cabin, and behind the giant swing.

I bet this off season will really unlock some clues. ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
Another report of an employee talking about a wooden coaster coming to the TGS area has been posted on Themeparkreview.com. Sounds like all the citizens have been told something, but I find it strange they all seem to think it will come next year. It makes me think this project might have been planned for 2012 originally, but was pushed back when the 2011 season ended up being so sluggish. Wouldn't be the first time.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:38 AM »
unless they break ground this winter, and are planning on finishing the project after the park opens nest year.....  BUT IF they were going to do that, I think they would have "announced" the "NEW" ride!...

Sooooooooooooo?????????????????   

WAZZUP???   SDC?????   ???

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
Or it just not be the BIG coaster that we all dream of.

My bet is they begin construction summer 2012 so it is ready early in the spring 2013.

J.ay