Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 717918 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
Or it just not be the BIG coaster that we all dream of.

My bet is they begin construction summer 2012 so it is ready early in the spring 2013.

J.ay

I'll agree with that.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »
Aaah it's great to be back on SDCFans after a very busy first semester of college.

While I'm a little disappointed SDC won't be getting anything major in 2012, I guess it makes sense for them if they're then able to go all out on a woodie in 2013. I'm very excited to see the progress of this ride. It's been too long since we've had a new coaster at SDC!

But if this is going in behind TGS, what does that do about the Waterboggan tower? Are they still going to leave it just standing there, or possibly save it for future projects still?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
maybe they will fulfill my wildest dreams and build a bigger better awesome possum waterboggin ride. Much like the water coasters you see poppin up.  ;D
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
I think they're saving the waterboggin site. Honestly I expect them to eventually add an adventure mountain concept there that could tie in with Geyser Gulch somehow. The old waterboggin tower is perfect to set up a zipline from.

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »
I think they're saving the waterboggin site. Honestly I expect them to eventually add an adventure mountain concept there that could tie in with Geyser Gulch somehow. The old waterboggin tower is perfect to set up a zipline from.

I agree. I could totally see something like Adventure Mountain coming in where Waterboggan was. Maybe and hopefully we will see that GCI for 2013 behind Giant Swing.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
We do some of our best speculating during Off-Season! Mainly because it's all we have until March. I for one, am excited about speculating and dreaming up things with all of you over the next few months!
Question: This time last year, had Half Dollar Holler been announced yet?
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »
^Yes, it was. We have it as confirmed as it gets that no major addition will come next year. I get the feeling more and more that they've delayed things again due to economic uncertainty. This would be something like the third time they've done that this decade. Still, it seems almost certain something big will come in 2013.

Anyone see anything new going on at the markers?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
oh yes dollar,, by this time last year HDH had been announced and pictures put out. 
the elevation and utility flags were all over the place, and they had a fence built along the walkway on both sides of becca's weaving.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »
Tell me if there is economy uncertainy, why has Dollywood gotten to major attractions in two years ( their version of TGS and this new Eagle Coaster) and we got a two year wait for HDH or RB.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
I doubt if we will ever know the truth about why DW has had such expenditures and yet SDC sit here like the mistreated stepchild :'( :'( :'( :'( 

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »
One: Dolly Partons name is on that one.
Two: How much profit does SDC make vs Dollywood?
Three: Are there more visitors to Dollywood to accomodate (sp) the new rides?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 11:39:40 PM »
I don't think it's worth comparing SDC's situation to Dollywood's. DW is a bigger park with more attendance and is situated in a more populated area that is doing better economically than the area around Branson. Plus, DW obviously has the Dollywood company and Dolly's sponsorship, so who knows what deals are tied up in that.

It sucks that we keep having "dead years", but what are you going to do when attendance is down, the park is slashing their gate price to beg for guests, and hours are being cut? I'm sure it wouldn't be responsible to go and splurge on another $10 million or more coaster right now.

I mean, I'm getting kind of restless myself with there not much new to look forward to since 2007, but at least the park is still what it is and that's always worth coming back for.

At least we have the markers and the hope that something big is going to grow there over the next year. If it ends up being one of the things I've heard it could be, we could see construction start relatively early next season.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
Maybe attendance is down because SDC is not adding exciting new things to create and keep a buzz going.  Granted, for us hardcore SDC fans, the atmosphere of SDC is enough to keep us going back but it might not be enough for the marginal person (and majority of people) out there.  It could be a large number of people have "been there and done that" in respect to SDC and they need a new reason to experience all it has to offer again.  Could the reason Dollywood is doing so well be the fact that they have invested in the park with new rides and experiences.  Sometimes in business you have to spend a quarter to make a dollar.  Just my opinion.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 08:33:04 AM »
I dont think I want much more going into SDC. I dont want a giant six flags or dolly wood. I like my small/medium park with a handful of rides, food, shows and craftsmen. I dont go to get my thrill on. I go because for me, SDC is a warm pair of pajama pants. No fancy thread count. Plain upfront comfort. SDC is pure unadulturated bliss as it is.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 08:59:36 AM »
I like your description...add a pair of fluffy, comfortable slippers!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"