Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722676 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #2085 on: June 10, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
They had changed it back into a fresh made sandwich shop.  It was open opening weekend but they have since closed it. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59:25 PM »
Just rode Outlaw Run for the first time today and I am impressed. I am concerned that maintenance seems to be an issue early on. I waited > 30 minutes after rope drop for it to open this morning....  ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2087 on: June 16, 2013, 10:10:52 PM »
If it is like most wooden rollercoasters, maintenance has to walk the length of the track every morning checking the bolts and such.  That takes time. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2088 on: June 16, 2013, 10:12:36 PM »
Well at least you got on it. I thought the park announced earlier today on FB that it was going to be closed all day. Sounds like the maintenance issues haven't let up at all. I hope I'm able to get a ride on it whenever I finally make it over there.

Anyone know if the park has any plans to get the ride fixed before the off-season? I imagine there's not a lot they can do to overhaul it right now with daily operations going on. It's a shame that it isn't running better seeing as they had it essentially completed so early.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: June 16, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
Well at least you got on it. I thought the park announced earlier today on FB that it was going to be closed all day. Sounds like the maintenance issues haven't let up at all. I hope I'm able to get a ride on it whenever I finally make it over there.

Anyone know if the park has any plans to get the ride fixed before the off-season? I imagine there's not a lot they can do to overhaul it right now with daily operations going on. It's a shame that it isn't running better seeing as they had it essentially completed so early.

It was down this afternoon for sure.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: June 16, 2013, 11:20:25 PM »
Anyone know if the park has any plans to get the ride fixed before the off-season?

There was a major storm that rolled through on Saturday.  I doubt that it is a coincidence that the ride is having problems after said storm -- not to mention it ran ALL DAY LONG Friday without any issues.  The ride is in the process of getting fixed.  There is nothing wrong with other than little bugs here and there, which is the case with any ride.
SWOOSH

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: June 17, 2013, 06:54:34 AM »
Like any new product they will make improvements to it over time. Right now I guess it's outlaw run 1.0.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: June 17, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
I see on FB, that OR is down all day today (monday) again.. "mechanical issues"

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: June 17, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
We rode outlaw run Saturday 3 times before the weather moved in. During our week at SDC the Outlaw Run was up and down. On Sunday (June 9th) afternoon we waited in line and when we got fairly far in the line the ride broke down. We waited in line for it to be fixed (about 30 minutes or so). Once it got fixed we were about to get on it and then the ride was closed down for weather. Frustrating but that's how it goes. We got to ride the ride a number of times of the course of the week and it is very awesome. It is our new favorite ride.
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 02, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
I'm surprised no one mentioned that Outlaw Run now has cubbies. 
You are welcome, America.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 02, 2013, 11:41:05 PM »
You are welcome, America
All Hail Swoosh.........He single handedly changed policy at the new coaster...........
There was no other input that made a difference........ if you ask just right he may make a suggestion for you to the "Powers" and most assuredly they will rapidly change policy.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2096 on: July 03, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
Ah, yes, I should have mentioned that in my trip report. I was very happy to see them. Most coaster enthusiasts probably think otherwise, but I think it's great that the park has these cubbies and has the ride ops help guests with loose articles. It makes it more of a service-oriented ride atmosphere, rather than being nickeled and dimed and forced to follow strict procedures. It's much more in line with the typical SDC spirit, even though it slows the line down a bit.

I was also surprised at how fast the queue moves, and how little queue area they actually use on a typical day. I had been wondering how they were going to fit the queue into this little area, and it turns out that most of it will probably sit there to be never used again after the hype wears off, kinda like Wildfire's overflow queue.

The actual station is nice, but I kind of wish they had done more with the tent area where people do most of the waiting. It's definitely the most boring coaster queue in the park, but at least it's fast.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 03, 2013, 12:28:37 AM »
You are welcome, America
All Hail Swoosh.........He single handedly changed policy at the new coaster...........
There was no other input that made a difference........ if you ask just right he may make a suggestion for you to the "Powers" and most assuredly they will rapidly change policy.

LOL!  But shhhh.  I don't want everyone to know I have that much rapport with the PTB to make things like that happen... quickly.  :D
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 03, 2013, 03:03:02 AM »
I'm not surprised at the cubbies being placed. There were so many people NOT using the lockers, people always had glasses, cell phones, hats and other loose items, the attendants were putting items on  the barrels on every ride...  SOOOOOO  ay as well add them.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 03, 2013, 07:44:46 AM »
I can see both sides of the cubbyhole issue.  I would imagine that the PTB realized long before I noticed that the time it takes to load the car is actually longer than it takes to make a circuit.   I am sure they were trying to keep this time down and keep the cars turn around time as fast as possible.  The issue was the $1 charge for the lockers, pretty steep for a short term courtesy rental.   Glad they added the cubbys and eliminated this need for this fee that stretches some folks really thin.

Now Swoosh, how about getting that AP a makeover.