Author Topic: Dixie Stampede  (Read 7540 times)

sdcforever

Dixie Stampede
« on: May 07, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
Has anyone been to Dixie Stampede?  I've always been afraid to go; something about it seems unsanitary.  Plus my mom went and didn't enjoy it at all:  the food or the show.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Dixie Stampede
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »
I love the Dixie Stampede; it is one of the few shows I can get my family and friends to go to in Branson. My nephew (age 8) and neice (age 5) love the place. My history professors laugh at it, but it is a lot of fun. The food is great and the show is full of laughs. As for sanitary, I think it is cleaner then eating food that has been cooked outside. I recommended it, at least giving it a try.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:06:36 PM »
I have never been but lol, I had never thought of it being unsanitary.

That is funny. (I'm not laughing at you or anything sdcforever.)
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »
^I don't know.  I just cringe when I think about the possibility of the dirt being kicked up in the air from the performing arena floor and particles landing in my food.  It's a rather funny fear, I know (especially since I know we all eat a lot of dirt and things each year without knowing about it), but it's still a fear I have. :P

DocSpeleo

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »
Actually this is the same reason that I have not yet gone to the Dixie Stampede.  I'm glad someone else has my dirt in food fear! lol
I do however, pick up an oreo if I dropped it on the floor.... there's just something addictive about oreos...hahaha

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »
The arena floor is not even close to where you eat.  Also they use "dust-less" dirt in the arena, so you don't even have that worry about.

DS is a lot of fun and if you have not attended it lately you are really missing out.  The food is excellent and the entertainment is wonderful and will keep your interest.  The only way you won't have a good time is if you force yourself to have a bad one by having a bad attitude even before you get there.... which is just silly.

I recommend it -- and so does Dolly  ;)
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:09:08 PM »
The "dirt" is actually a type of astroturf stuff.  And it doesn't fly very far before settling.  You're right about it being dustless.  And the other "stuff" from the critters is cleaned up quickly during the show, so there's no odor either.  The show is a good one - one that you won't see anywhere else on the strip.  I do wish it was more of a continuous show than a variety show.  I'd love to see more of a musical play than the constant transition to a new scene.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:44:18 AM »
Thanks for the info everyone!  I might have to check it out the next time I'm down there.  You have proved my fears to be unsubstantiated.  (DocSpeleo:  I also have to pick up an Oreo if I drop one.  There is something about Oreos... :))

rosenc1c

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 05:23:08 PM »
My family really enjoys the Dixie Stampede.  Last time we sat on the first row, and it is true the when the horses would gallop by that the dirt did kick up on our food a couple of times.  I think if you don't sit on the front row it won't be a problem.  It didn't bother me at all, but my wife is a bit of a germophobe, so she didn't like it. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »
Germs. You'll probably inhale more dust walking around outside than you will at the Dixie Stampede. It's not anything to worry about anyway, we've survived long enough with dirt in our food - it'll build up your immune system. Or something like that.

SteamFreak

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »
There's great food and the show's not bad, but as a civil war reenactor all I can say about the costuming is...FARBY

CALoyal3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 09:19:51 AM »
I agree with everyone about how much fun it is!
It is a great time. I am an avid horse lover. Even though it is a little on the expensive side, it is well worth it.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 07:31:13 AM »
We are planning to go to the the Stampede this summer while on our family vacation.  There whill be 14 of us.  ANyone know where to get discount tickets for this.  I have looked online but have really found nothing.  I have a SDC season pass but that will only help me and my children...  Any info would be great....  Thanks.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

addibre

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »
I enjoyed it.  We sat in the 3rd row.  I wanted to be close to the action but my parents had went previously and gotten on the front row and said that they got dirt in their food.  So your fears are somewhat validated!  But we were fine in the 3rd row and the food was really good.  If you have small children that you don't want to hold in your lap tell them you don't want a boot mug and the ticket is half price.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
Loved the Dixie Stampede..  Had a lot of fun.  My Girls really loved it.  Kind of high priced but a must see.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey