Author Topic: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?  (Read 27032 times)

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:52 AM »
I'm paying 72 dollars a year now. 6 dollars a day. at least 6 visits a year. 2 days each visit. yep, I'd buy a parking pass in a heart beat. Besides i haven't had much luck with the shuttles. people can get real ugly if they think you took their seats.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »
Well, it’s good have a variety even if it comes at a price. However, this seems to be a win-win for both Silver Dollar City, and the customers who elect to pay for it. 

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
So went to the park Last Friday and was going to get my parking pass that i paid for, couple things I found out. First they have to stick the sticker on the car you want. We actually had my father in law's car and normally we do not take his so they did not give me the sticker though he was nice enough to let us park with out paying. I plan to email SDC and ask again why the sticker has to be associated with a certain car and why it can not be associated with your season pass. I would doubt you would by a parking pass without a season pass and its not like you would go park and then run and get into someone else car.  Hopefully this is changed for next year assuming they do it again.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
Interesting feedback!

It actually doesn’t make much sense to be given a permanent sticker for your car. People change cars, crash cars, switch cars, and trade cars all of the time. All they need to do is issue a Parking Pass card similar to Season Pass ticket. That way it will always with the person who purchased the pass, and not on their car.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
JMC, you can bet they will do it again next year :o :o....  ( More Revenue).. ;D

as far as the pass goes, we had discussed it already, it should be a simple placard you hang from the mirror. :P

OzarkBred

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2012, 01:55:35 PM »
Last fall I posted about trying the Sticker Shield. It's a clear plastic backing that is *supposed* to adhere to the inside of the windshield like a Post-It note. You'd put the sticker on the shield, then put the shield on your window.

Well, I finally used it with my new parking sticker when I visited last weekend, and I don't recommend the Shield. I thought it would peel on and off the inside of the windshield easily, but it was stuck hard to the glass after only a few hours. I'll have to scrape the Shield off and then it won't re-adhere.

Sanddunerider's suggestion for laminating the sticker and hanging it from your rearview mirror is a great idea.

The Shield also caused a little issue with the parking lot attendant. He was confused when I declined to let him put the sticker directly onto the windshield, then annoyed, then downright rude. I literally had to block him (twice!) from reaching in and slapping the sticker directly onto the glass, even after explaining the Shield to him. SDC really needs to go with a 'hanger' pass instead of a sticker, if only to keep the peace.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:59:36 PM by OzarkBred »

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »
i got the parking pass with my season passes. ive been twice this year and both times i was glad i spent the $18. no waiting in lines backed up behind people with strollers. plus with no more green trams who cares :)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
Is this like a static cling kinda sticker? Or a not so Sticky kinda sticker? Or a full blown gorilla glue adhesive sticker? I have one from my school that is inbetween a static cling and not so sticky kind. It doesnt bother me at all. Easy on Easy off Easy on. The citizen who got all rude didnt need to be that way. Would it hurt just to put it on dash board and then slip it in glove box when not in use??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
Out of curiosity when the attendant put on your sticker did he write down the vehicle you were driving.
Ozarkbred how was the second time you went with the pass did they just wave you through or did you have to stop to get any numbers.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »
The Shield also caused a little issue with the parking lot attendant. He was confused when I declined to let him put the sticker directly onto the windshield, then annoyed, then downright rude. I literally had to block him (twice!) from reaching in and slapping the sticker directly onto the glass, even after explaining the Shield to him.

That's the point that he would have drawn back a stump, and I would have been on the phone demanding a manager.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2012, 07:32:01 AM »
The Shield also caused a little issue with the parking lot attendant. He was confused when I declined to let him put the sticker directly onto the windshield, then annoyed, then downright rude. I literally had to block him (twice!) from reaching in and slapping the sticker directly onto the glass, even after explaining the Shield to him.

That's the point that he would have drawn back a stump, and I would have been on the phone demanding a manager.

With you on that one KB!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »
Slightly off topic, however I have had a couple of rude encounters with parking attendants last year. I sure hope this isn’t the new trend. Back on topic, I agree that they need a better way to identify cars that can park in the preferred lot. I am sure they are concerned about fraud, or people letting everyone, including their monkey’s uncle barrow a single pass, but a simple check to make sure the parking lot card holder is present in the vehicle would remedy that. This situation with permanent decals, or stickers, or whatever else is a bit silly.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2012, 08:33:06 AM »
I sometimes pay to park however each time I have I become very irritated at the speed the line to pay moves at.
Seems to me like all other parks have more than one attendant, selling those spots at $6 being the bottom they could load up with 4 workers for the first 3 hours and then cut back to 1.  I have always felt that I am in my free spot and on the tram 3/4 way to the park if not possibly even in the gate before I would even be parked if I am going the premium route. 
This is something that they really need to work on.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »
Ozark, they could do the parking pass just like the BAF's..  they would have your card number on them.....
 AND if they wanted to get fancy........ 
they could use a prtable scanning divice to scan  the barcode of your season pass & scan the barcode of the parking pass to make sure they match!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
Absolutely! The technology is there. All they would have to do is digitally add a parking pass to your account, and then the parking attendant could simply swipe your season pass to verify it. Problem solved. Plus, they woudn't have to waste money printing stickers. It is a win-win for everyone! ;D