Author Topic: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?  (Read 27046 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Re: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
Let me guess. Someone was leaving the newest parking area and driving on the tram road?

There were three incidents, and that was one of them yes. The parking lot is very confusing for any first time guest. Some areas of the parking lot have no obvious channels, or markers to follow, and the tram route looks very similar to any other route.

It's not just first time guests. I've done it almost every time I've left that lot and even right after we met someone on the tram and the driver warned us about it. The signage just plain sucks, it IS very confusing in the daylight and at night it's an absolute cluster $%!. One of the dumbest things I've seen them do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:38:42 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
it is a mess!  saw car on tram route just tonite!!   You think they would buy some paint or more barricades or something!! ??? ???

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »
Well it irked me, because the tram conductor publicly scolded the offending car over the public address system. I sure hope they use this $18 per vehicle Parking Pass to improve the parking lot system!

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 10:23:51 PM »
I went ahead and bought the parking pass for $18.00 to me that is not a bad deal since it is normally $6.00 to do season pass perferred. Also as I mentioned before they are only selling 1000 pass and that is it. I does mention on the pass that space is limited and first come first serve. This though is my rreason for the pass. Usually except for the last two years, we would alway park in lot C and take the green tram. A couple times if the trolley came along we would skip and wait for the tram. To me this is how you start your day at SDC. Well once they played with all the parking and got rid of the Green tram I had kinda decided it was alomost easier to park a little closer and walk ,especially when you have a stroller then trying to get it on the tram. Well now we have two kids and a double stroller which personally is pain to get it out of the car so trying to fold it just to get on the tram to me is not even worth the effort especially after a day at the park and all the item you have at the end of the day. Also the line to get on the tram when leaving the park at night sucks you have people shoving you out of the way to make it on first. So I just assume walk anyway. Now you may say well free parking is not that much further, well with two kids and with all day spent at the park that couple hundred feet is a big difference.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »
One time I was on a tram, and the conductor said "Low ceilings, watch yur heads!" As soon as he said that, I stood up to get off and hit my head REALLY hard. The conductor, of course, noticed and pointed it out to everybody. It was kinda embarassing, and I had a headache. What a wonderful way to start the day! It seems funny now, but not so much back then.
I've also done this on the train a few times...
Clumsy?

Yes.

And I still haven't learned my lesson.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:12:29 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 03:16:24 AM »
yes tiff, But the important thing is you did not damage the train cars when you did it! ;)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 08:14:40 AM »
My favorite is "Watch yer heads...and if you don't watch yer heads...watch yer mouth!"

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
I won't. My sons love riding on the trams.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
My favorite is "Watch yer heads...and if you don't watch yer heads...watch yer mouth!"

I try not to make any noise at all just so I won't draw attention. It never works lol. Someone always catches it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:20:10 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »
We paid for parking once or twice this year, but won't do it again. We walked farther from preferred parking than we would have if we had parked in a free lot and taken the tram! My husband though, depending on how far we are parked, just prefers to walk regardless, because we always have the stroller with tons of stuff in it, so instead of taking everything out, folding up the stroller, getting us and all our stuff on the tram, then doing it all in reverse when we get off the tram, he just walks and pushes the stroller with one kid and all our stuff, but I usually ride the tram with our other son and meet him! LOL!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 12:59:44 PM »
still diggin the trams....yall can tout the paid parking all day long but the trams will win my vote every time! Boo to the buses and trolly-esq cars! If the trams were a football team they would win the super bowl!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »
[-esq cars! If the trams were a football team they would win the super bowl!
[/quote]

LOL!!!  GO TRAMS!  GO TRAMS!  GO TRAMS!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »
Nope, I won't be buying a parking pass either!  Parking is usually not an issue since I have handicap plates, but in "pre-wheelchair days", I use to love to ride the green trams.  My husband was not happy riding the tram Friday.  All handicap lots were full, so we were told to pay $25 valet parking, or "find a spot in a parking lot."  He was allowed to drop me off at the gate, but it took him at least 45 min. to park and ride the tram back to the gate.  I don't ask for special favors, so it wasn't a big deal until after the 5k marathon Fri.  He had to push me 2/3 mile back to the truck after pushing me most of the 5k route.  That was one tired, sore husband the next day!  I asked him if he wished we would have paid the $25, and his response was "@#$* No!"  I do think that when the park is that busy, handicap parking should take precedence over valet parking.  As I waited for him, I saw quite a few elderly couples leave the park because they couldn't find handicap parking.   

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
I'm with Parson.  When you have a stroller, preferred parking can be wonderful!  Last summer I met my cousin in the park, so I just had my kids by myself.  Not getting on the tram was nice.  I haven't experienced parking far away in preferred, but when I've parked there it was during the week in the summer, so maybe it wasn't as busy as the weekends.

I do understand "burnout."  The last couple of years in the park with my youngest haven't always been easy.  Sometimes, the thought of chasing my toddler in the park is not appealing.  We went this fall, though, and had a nice trip.  My parents were there, so I am sure that made it easier!

We are going in December.  My parents are coming again, so we will see how it goes.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
I won't pay for parking. Period. I'd rather spend my money on food, drink, or items in the shops.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"