Author Topic: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?  (Read 27033 times)

pintrader

Re: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »
Burned out at SDC! As Spock would also say "That's Illogical"  :).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:03:05 AM by Pintrader »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
Seems like everybody everywhere is trying to figure out ways to generate revenue. I wouldn't be surprised if SDC decides to someday start charging parking prices for all lots along with the shuttles. If they do, it would be interesting to track whether or not souvenir sales drop off. Where they might try to add revenue in one area might cost them in another. I know if I had to pay parking or shuttle my family would not spend the money we do in the park on drinks, peanuts and floats at the Saloon Show, etc. We also spend quite a bit of money on other souvenirs which we wouldn't do if they started charging for parking-there would go the money we've decided to spend on the Bears in the Holler each year. The last few years we haven't driven our vehicle to the park as we catch the shuttle from SDC and get dropped off at the front gate. This is a nice service SDC provides and we appreciate very much. It is has also allowed us to save fuel money that we spend at the park. Last year, the money we saved in fuel we used to eat the buffet at Molly Mills. While on the topic of SDC trying to generate revenue, I absolutely hate the trailblazer passes. To me, if somebody that comes to the park is in such a hurry that they can't spend quality time there, including waiting on the rides, SDC should not cater to them. In the long run it is us true fans that will spend more money over our extended stays rather than the person who comes for a quick afternoon. It's a slap in the face of the true supporters of the park when an outsider is allowed to purchase a pass to jump over me in line because they don't take the time to spend the full day in the park. Anyway, this is the reasoning I've heard for the passes. Maybe I'm just going off misinformation here which makes my whole argument void.
Colorado SDC Fan

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »
My family uses preferred parking whenever we can get it.  The season pass parking is only $6.00 and it is a life saver for us. Trying to corral 5 kids and a stroller on a shuttle is a pain.  Not to mention the wait time to go back to the lot when everyone is tired.  Preferred parking eliminates waits, and comes in handy when someone forgets something in the van and someone (usually me) has to walk back to get it.  For our family, its well worth it. I don't know if we will buy a sticker next year.  One possible problem is that occasionally preferred parking sells out.   It's happened to us twice.  That could be pretty frustrating for folks who buy a sticker but can't get in.

Kentucky Optimist

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »
I'm with rube and tiffany on this one...
We always try to park in the old lot C, but even if we have to park on the other side of the street we still walk in.  We make it a game by picking a person at the end of the line when we walk by the tram stop and seeing if we can walk in before they get there.  Usually we beat them to the park.  You'd be surprised how long it takes to wait for the tram, wait for people to load strollers and then unload at the entrance...it's really not a long walk even from the far lots.  'Course I am married to a runner and she can cover that parking lot pretty quickly even at a walking pace.  The only time we ever used preferred parking was when my dad had a knee injury and had a tough time getting to the wheelchair rental.
Finest Cuts of Meat & Pianos Tuned

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
We would not buy the parking pass......we always get to the park before opening and walk. The walk is a good way to loosen up before getting in.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »
I mentioned this to my mom, and she said it was a good idea. So I guess we're buying a parking pass.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »
Burned out?  SDC?  Burned out? SDC??

DANGER!!  DANGER!!  DANGER!!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 01:24:20 AM »
i love you guys, ya'r all great! ;) even if she dont go next year, i will be going with my brother prob'ly sometime in july, during the week for 2-3 days. i'll get my fix! ;D

still, parking pass? i dought i buy one for $18.00, didnt it say it goes on 1 vehicle only? we get there so early that we'll just do preferred parkin' anyways. my brother used it for the first time this year, he like it. he was there so early that no one was at the shack yet, so he just parked & waited! what a junky..  :D

jmc75 just gave more info on this topic in his trip review.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:30:57 AM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 08:03:36 AM »
when i do get the chance to drive to the park and park in the fancy lots I always try to get the tram. Even with the wait times and the heat and the cons associated with it.....and even if its no longer seafoam green......I love the trams and everything associated with them!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
Gotta appreciate your love for the trams....They are part of the park experience I have to stay....some of our funnest moments came on the trams to or from the park....What's better than the feeling of anticipation as you ride the tram to the front gate that first visit of the summer (at least that's when it happens for us)?
Colorado SDC Fan

pintrader

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
The trams are great!  I just consider them another ride at the park.  But when it's freezing outside and that wind starts hitting you in the face then I can't wait to get off...Brrrrr.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »
The tram is the first ride of the day. Its not "exciting" and "thrill filled" but you meet some charecters on that thing. You know when your on the tram you have made it! It finally hits ya you are at the city and its going to be spectacular! I love my trams.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
The tram is the first ride of the day. Its not "exciting" and "thrill filled" but you meet some charecters on that thing. You know when your on the tram you have made it! It finally hits ya you are at the city and its going to be spectacular! I love my trams.

I agree! For my family, the tram ride is just part of the Silver Dollar City experience! Although during my last visit I encountered a couple of crotchety, old tram attendants that were yelling at people who were confused about where to go. That left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Either way, for FREE parking, and a FREE tram ride, I suppose I can mute them out, and just enjoy the breeze in my hair. :)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »

I agree! For my family, the tram ride is just part of the Silver Dollar City experience! Although during my last visit I encountered a couple of crotchety, old tram attendants that were yelling at people who were confused about where to go. That left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Either way, for FREE parking, and a FREE tram ride, I suppose I can mute them out, and just enjoy the breeze in my hair. :)

Let me guess. Someone was leaving the newest parking area and driving on the tram road?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
Let me guess. Someone was leaving the newest parking area and driving on the tram road?

There were three incidents, and that was one of them yes. The parking lot is very confusing for any first time guest. Some areas of the parking lot have no obvious channels, or markers to follow, and the tram route looks very similar to any other route.