Author Topic: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?  (Read 27008 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
The times stated they would have a discounted Preferred parking pass for $18 a year starting 2012.
Does this sound attractive to you?
What are your thoughts ?

Do you think you save any time parking here?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Will YOU buy the Parking Pass for $18.00?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
You do save time if you aren't prone to arriving early or late. If want to come in during the first hour or so of operations and you don't pay for parking, who knows how long it will take you to park and where you'll end up. Parking at SDC is much more of an ordeal these days than it used to be. Used to be a no-brainer to take the free parking and laugh at the people who paid good money to park a few feet closer. These days it may well be worth the convenience of not having to snake through 2 miles of lots with people trying to jump out of line and park wherever they feel like it and so forth...

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:01:21 AM »
I've always thought paying for parking when you have a season pass is not right. But, i understand where they's coming from. I always get preferred parking now-a-days, but dont know if i'll go for it or not. I try to get to the park every 2 months, but it never works out.. The wife says shes burned out on SDC, so who knows how many times i'll be going next year.
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »
I probably will buy one yes, just for the gauranteed location. with our schedule we arive later in the day a lot of times

pintrader

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »
I always feel it's not a complete day if I am not there for opening ceremonies.  If I can't make it when the park opens I feel I have missed out on something.  Of course I understand not everybody lives within an hour and has that luxury.  That being said, there's no justification for me to buy preferred parking when I can hop right on a tram as soon as I arrive.  But I do see arriving later in the day how preferred parking would be a huge plus for some people.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
@ howdo-burned out?? what is this concept? I have never heard of it before..... ;)

No my family wont buy the parking pass. We usually stay where there is a shuttle to and fro. My husband hates parking there and refuses to do it so we only stay where there is a shuttle. Even though Homestay Inn is amazing and affordable.....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
I have never paid to park. I figure I will walk around a few miles during the course of a day, and have no problem walking from the closer lots (whatever lot C is called now!) and I also figure waiting in line for a tram is no big deal since I'll more than likely spend an hour waiting in line during the course of my day anyway!

I will save the money and apply it to my food and souvenirs!

APHantasm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
 I might do it, I haven't really decided yet.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »
My mom always pays to park because she thinks we will get in the park faster, but when I go and my mom isn't there, we park where ever. I don't see why I should have to pay to park when I'm gonna spend probably 3x that while I'm at SDC. They don't lose any money from my visits!
I don't like to wait for the trams/buses, so I walk from the parking lot to the gate. I'll be walking all day anyway, I see the walk before I get in as a warm up.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:42:54 AM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
I will never get the pass. Just the availability of it will lengthen the line for preferred parking. I've always had a great experience with parking and its part of the SDC experience in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:33:04 PM by ithai »

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
You do save time if you aren't prone to arriving early or late. If want to come in during the first hour or so of operations and you don't pay for parking, who knows how long it will take you to park and where you'll end up. Parking at SDC is much more of an ordeal these days than it used to be. Used to be a no-brainer to take the free parking and laugh at the people who paid good money to park a few feet closer. These days it may well be worth the convenience of not having to snake through 2 miles of lots with people trying to jump out of line and park wherever they feel like it and so forth...

I'm going to disagree with you Shave. I've paid for the preferred parking several times before and each time it seems we ended up farther and farther out and don't really think we saved much time. You might have a point about snaking thru the lots to find a spot, I suppose preferred could save a few minutes there but as far as from the time I lock my car to the time I'm going through the gate I have never found preferred to be a time saver. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a tram and usually preferred has me taking more footsteps than walking to a tram stop.

That being said, I am considering buying one and giving it a try. $18 for the whole year isn't much in the grand scheme of things and if I don't like I won't do it again in '13.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
We never use the preferred parking.  Of course we always get there early and park right next to tram stop 2.  More times than not there is one if not more trams sitting there waiting to load.  We are at the front gate in no time.  I must say, our last few visits this fall have found the tram service to be very good.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 05:55:37 AM »
MissingTheGreenTrams -- i dont know what burnout is either! ??? she just wants to do somethin' differant, like st. louis zoo or six flags.
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »
Burned out??    SDC??   Burned out??    SDC??   Burned out??

Thar does not compute!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 08:24:10 AM »
you mean there is somethin else to do besides silver dollar city??? huh. who knew
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!