Author Topic: Silver Dollar City Presents The White Glove  (Read 3651 times)

pintrader

Silver Dollar City Presents The White Glove
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »
I saw this in a local paper and thought some people might be interested.  Didn't know they did this kind of thing.  It does sound like a lot of fun and being limited to only 400 would be interesting. 

A Preview Event on the Eve of An Old Time Christmas November 4 Event to Benefit Area Kids through Care For Kids In a one-night-only special event, Silver Dollar City is offering an opportunity for guests to participate in the final walk-through of the top features of its world-famous An Old Time Christmas festival before it opens to the public with proceeds to benefit area kids. The White Glove, a preview event on the eve of An Old Time Christmas, takes place at the park Friday, November 4, beginning at 5:30 p.m. It includes a holiday feast with prime rib and all the fixings, the first lighting of the 5-story Christmas Tree, caroling, the first run of the Holiday Light Parade, and final dress rehearsals of the park’s highly acclaimed production A Dickens’ Christmas Carol and the Living Nativity. The walk-through review, known at the park for decades as the “White Glove”, is when all shows, décor, food and lights are tested and approved before the park opens to the public. This limited offering to the public is a special benefit for Care For Kids, a project of the Silver Dollar City Foundation and Hometown Radio to reach out to area kids in need. Care For Kids provides funds to area school districts to meet the individual needs of kids.  Information is at www.silverdollarcityfoundation.com. The White Glove is limited to 400 tickets, with a special price of $40 per person. Tickets are available by calling 1-800-831-
4FUN(386). Silver Dollar City’s White Glove Gala Friday, November 4 Arrive: 5:00-5:30 p.m. Prime Rib Holiday Dinner 5:30-6:30 p.m. Followed by Caroling, Tree Lighting, the Holiday Light Parade, A Dickens’ Christmas Carol, The Living Nativity Tickets $40 per person-1-800-831-4FUN(386)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Re: Silver Dollar City Presents The White Glove
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:36:34 PM »
Not sure how long they've been doing this, but they did it last year also.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:06 AM »
sounds like a great idea! If I were closer I would attend..  Great cause, great meal and no crowd.

If you think about what it costs to drive thru SOTH, the price really is reasonable.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »
I think it is really great, give the park the event to preview things, and benefit a local charity. WIN-WIN!!!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:04 AM »
also another carpool event! whos with me!!??? the minute I am done with school and moved down there I am going to make it a tradition to go.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:51 AM »
Aare the rides open?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
mmmmm?   good question,,,,,,,,, ???

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
I was wondering if the rides were running myself.  I doubt they are.  Sounds like an expensive dress rehearsal to me with all the actors and parade participants working with a very limited number of people in the park.  However, I'm sure the feedback is valuable and it is for a good cause.