Author Topic: Front Turnstiles  (Read 7863 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Front Turnstiles
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
I also have always wondered what the entrance or exit point next to the Ozark Marketplace was used for.  In this picture it is to the left side with tarps covering the two turnstiles.  I have never seen them in use but figured they must be used at sometime for something.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac45/tomncyndi/DSC_0241.jpg[/img]]

My earliest memories of SDC was going thru these gates to get in. I remember never having to walk past the giant logo. Its been a few years, but we would always go thru there.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Front Turnstiles
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
I remember never having to walk past the giant logo. Its been a few years, but we would always go thru there.
This was used for a few seasons in the 90's or early 2000s' as a seasons pass entrance.  They first used them only on really busy days to try to let up some of the crown from the normal turnstiles.  I have used them a few times but apparently they haven't been busy enough to use them in several years.  I don't remember these being " busy" when they were open.
If you think about it using this entrance skips the clock and the bathrooms, basically you crop the entire entrance to the park, maybe people didn't like this.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Front Turnstiles
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 12:04:24 AM »
I remember never having to walk past the giant logo. Its been a few years, but we would always go thru there.
This was used for a few seasons in the 90's or early 2000s' as a seasons pass entrance.  They first used them only on really busy days to try to let up some of the crown from the normal turnstiles.  I have used them a few times but apparently they haven't been busy enough to use them in several years.  I don't remember these being " busy" when they were open.
If you think about it using this entrance skips the clock and the bathrooms, basically you crop the entire entrance to the park, maybe people didn't like this.

I remember when that closed, or we just stopped going thru there, I got to see what was behing the wall. I thought it was really cool! I wish the water clock, and all that stuff could have been part of my first expireances! We can blame my mom for that one because she likes to take the easy way out of everything. She's the one who always led us thru those turnstiles back in the day.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Front Turnstiles
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
I tried going thru those once cuz I was used to it, and a citizen directed me away from it...I was slightly confused but thats okay.....now I know why I tried to subconsiously go thru there...
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »
There used to be a sign dedicating this as a Season Pass Entrance...I really don't know if I have a photo of it, but I will look.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »
WHAT??  no picture.  awe come on rube.........  I know you have 1 somewhere.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 10:52:51 PM »
I can vividly picture the sign. Too bad I can't draw even as much as a stick person.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 03:14:51 AM »
stick people :o :o

I can draw stick people!, But when i do they look like they have bad backs and need a trip to the chiropractor!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:57 AM »
OKay there is one somewhere....I just have no time right now to search, along with a few of the requests for the wayback machine, I have some looking to do over Christmas Breakk

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:06 AM »
Aw Rube, don't make us all wait that long! Come on, a few hours after work or a little bit of your weekend to satisfy our need to see old pictures of SDC is worth it, isn't it?  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"