Author Topic: Headin' West  (Read 7916 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Headin' West
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »
I don't know if there is already something about this on here, but I couldn't find it.

Does anybody know all the songs in Headin' West? I know most of them are from other musicals, but there were a few songs I didn't know. I was wondering if SDC wrote some of them, or maybe they are songs from musicals I haven't heard. I especially want to know the name of the song in the beginning of the mine scene. It's been stuck in my head since yesterday (I saw the show all 3 times yesterday, and I saw it a few times a couple weeks ago.) I should have made a list while I was watching the show, but I didn't think about it until this morning.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Headin' West
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 06:45:16 PM »
do you really carry around pen and paper while at the city?? Its cool if ya do, who am I to judge with my weirdo wall of sdc collageness. I know pen and paper are the last things on my mind while at the city....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
I have carried pen and paper...but for drawing. And I have been known to jot down notes for the Where in the City game (I have been known to take ohotos, and not know their location! I am not old enough to start forgetting things!)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
I take notes on my phone and email myself. :)

spgoad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
I wondered the same thing about a few of the songs... most of them I knew, but a few were new tunes to me. If I remember right though, the song opening the mine scene is "Mine, Mine, Mine" from Disney's Pocahontas... with slight word changes to fit the story of course (like most of the songs).
SDC Annual Passholder since 2011. I'm a new guy. :)

2011 SDC Visits: Spring Break Days, World Fest, Bluegrass & BBQ, Southern Gospel Picnic (upcoming!)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
I have a memo thing on my phone I take notes on, but being raised in the theatre, it seems rude to me to have my phone out during the show. That, and chewing gum. I'm not gonna hate you if you chew gum or use your phone during a show, but those are just things I won't do.

Anyway, I haven't seen Pocahontas in years!! I remember the tape breaking a long time ago and my sister and I bugged our parents about buying another one. I guess we all forgot eventually so they never replaced the tape. I do know the  mine song sounded familiar, but I just couldn't figure out why. I thought maybe because I see the show a couple times a year, I started learning the songs.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:04:05 AM by tiffanylynnt »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »
I see. I too shut my phone off during performances! WTG for a good healthy theater attitude! Maybe you could email SDC about the heading west performance and ask for a list of the songs used....

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
I asked SDC thru the "contact us" page on their website. I should get an answer within 24-72 hours. I'll let you know what they say.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »
"Mine Mine Mine" from Disney's Pocahontas (the "diggity" part starts at about 0:55): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6SrZ-6cGVA

"Just Around the Riverbend" from Disney's Pocahontas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DE5a80I8EU

"They Call the Wind Mariah" from Paint Your Wagon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkmvwCpcZlM
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:20:38 PM by Joy »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »
they are really good about replying quickly......cant wait to hear response!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 06:02:54 PM »
Have no fear - my phone is always off during a show.  It drives me nuts to see people texting and flashing photos during a show.  During most of my trips to the park, it stays in the car.  I'm there to immerse myself in fun - not take calls! 

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
I take my phone into the park, but only in case I go off by myself and someone needs to tell me when we are meeting for lunch or something. I turn the texting ringtone to complete silent, it won't even vibrate and I leave the call ringtone turned on because the only person who calls me is when it is an emergency. I also use the calling for when I'm meeting people in places around SDC. While I'm walking from the parking lot to the front gate, I update my facebook status to "don't text me today, only call if its an emergency" ... things like that.

I hate when people sitting in front of me are taking pictures during the show, even when they don't have the flash turned on because the glowing square is really distracting.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
"Wheels of a Dream"  Ragtime  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzWb8tQiyg8

"Once Upon a Dream"  Jekyll and Hyde  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auERYWXu6Z0

"I'm on My Way" and "There's a Train (Coach) Coming In" both also from Paint Your Wagon
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:41:33 PM by StaceySue »

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 10:27:48 PM »
If SDC would put "Headin' West" on a DVD, I would buy it.

SteamFreak

• Hatfield
  • DO NOT pull the orange cable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 01:17:25 AM »
Due to the amount of copywrited songs in the show, i doubt it would happen.